Tinn stands for the recursive acronym ‘Tinn is not Notepad’. It is initially written as a small ASCII file editor primarily intended as a better replacement for the default Notepad.exe program distributed with Windows. With versions, it grew to a fairly complete, yet simple and compact code editor.
Tinn is written in Delphi 5 and it runs only under Windows (9X/Me/2000/XP). It is free and distributed under GPL 2.
The specific version (Tinn-R) contains enhancements to allow syntax highlighting of S language (in *.R, *.r, *.Q or *.q files), that is, the language used by the open source statistical software R. Tinn-R is a small, free and simple, yet efficient, replacement for the basic code editor provided by Rgui. Latest Tinn-R version and source is available on SourceForge. Note that, starting from version 1.18.x.x, Tinn-R is not compatible anymore with Rgui in MDI mode (only SDI).
Features of Tinn-R
· The ability to communicate with R (Rgui and Rterm) environment (send instructions, control and receive interpretations)
· Syntax highlight. Highlighting can be set by file type
· Create and manage projects
· Bookmarks: lines and blocks
· Support to Latex
· Work with files of unlimited length
· Work on several documents at the same time. Multiple document interface (MDI) and/or tabbed document interface (TDI)
· Single document window splitting and window splitting
· Support to macro (volatile)
· View file differences with color highlighting