Experience the power and potential of Unreal Engine 3. Create amazing games, lifelike scenes and fantastic worlds…
UDK is Unreal Engine 3 – the complete professional development framework. All the tools you need to create great games, advanced visualizations and detailed 3D simulations. The best tools in the industry are in your hands. Unreal Engine 3 has been used by game developers, researchers, television studios, machinima directors, artists and students. If you have an idea that needs to be brought to life in a game engine, UDK is for you. Only UDK has the power, flexibility and track record of Unreal Engine 3. These tools have been proven with countless releases and dozens of awards. There is no better way to make awesome games than with UE3.
Powered by award-winning Unreal Engine 3 technology, UDK’s feature set is packed with power and ease of use.
These are just a few of the top-level features used by many of the world’s best game developers to create outstanding games. Build better, build faster, build more dynamically. Build with UDK.
- Complete Editing Environment: Unreal Engine 3 offers a fully integrated editing environment through the renowned Unreal Editor. All of the engine’s key tools are accessible through UnrealEd. The new Unreal Content Browser makes managing assets like meshes, materials, sounds, and animations easier than ever.
- Pure Rendering Power: UDK’s multi-threaded rendering system, Gemini, gives you a 64-bit HDR rendering pipeline. The raw power behind UDK’s rendering system will push your creations to new levels. Your work has never seemed as alive as it is with UDK.
- State-of-the-Art Animation: UDK gives you complete animation flexibility. Organize animations and meshes with the AnimSet Viewer. Create AnimTrees to play within Unreal Matinee. UDK’s skeletal animation system gives support for up to four bones per vertex and allows for blending dozens of animations at once.
- Powerful Scripting: UnrealScript is a simple, high-level programming language that gives complete scripting control. Scripts can be connected via Unreal Kismet, an intuitive visual editor that requires no programming knowledge. UnrealScript lets you build prototypes and add new gameplay elements quickly and easily.
- Real World Physics: UDK’s physics engine is powered by NVIDIA’s PhysX, giving you unparalleled control over character movement, dynamic fluid simulation and even soft body physics. Tweak and modify your physics using the Unreal PhAT visual modeling tool. Impose your will on your world via detailed physics modeling.
- Eye-popping Lighting and Shadows: Illuminate your world with UDK’s advanced lighting and shadowing system, screen space ambient occlusion and Unreal Lightmass, the global illumination solver yielding high-quality static lighting and effects. UDK supports all modern per-pixel lighting and rendering techniques as well as custom, artist-controlled per-material lighting models.
- Gorgeous Cinematics: UDK provides mature tools for creating visually stunning in-game cinematics and cut scenes. Unreal Matinee provides movie director-class control over all of the objects in a scene, as well as cameras and cuts, plus it includes an in-engine, real-time preview feature that plays back all the visual effects of a cinematic.
- And much more..