wodWebServer is an ActiveX Component that implements server side of HTTP and HTTPS protocols (HTTPServer). It’s main purpose is to serve HTML pages, GIF/JPG/PNG images, documents, and other resources that are accessible through Browser clients (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape etc..) It is robust, easy to use, fast, and can be used in all environments that support COM technology. It serves both static pages, as well as dynamically created ones. No need to learn ASP/PHP/Coldfusion to make your own WEB server when wodWebServer ActiveX is used.
wodWebServer runs through Request/Response objects – whatever client sends is parsed and stored to Request object. When you’re ready to deliver response, you just need to populate Response object – such as Body property, StatusCode, and that’s it. If you’re fast and can do it from within RequestDone event, then you don’t even have to call any Send methods – it’s delivered automaticaly.
- support for HTTP and HTTPS protocols
- complete information on connected users – get their originating IP address, originating port, total connected time…
- Choose either Automatic content delivery (sit back and enjoy) or manual – in which case you define virtually everything that is sent
- CGI script support by running external executables
- Parsing of query variables, posted data, form-uploaded data for easy access
- Can be used as standalone, or together with other WEB server (such as Apache, IIS…) by running on another port
- control bandwidth usage for each user separately