Proactive Password Auditor helps network administrators to examine the security of their networks by executing an audit of account passwords. By exposing insecure passwords, Proactive Password Auditor demonstrates how secure a network is under attack.Proactive Password Auditor examines the security of your network by attempting to break into the network. It tries common attacks on the account passwords in an attempt to recover a password of a user account.
Proactive Password Auditor allows carrying out a password audit within a limited period of time. If it is possible for Proactive Password Auditor to recover a password within a reasonable time, the entire network cannot be considered secure.
Proactive Password Auditor uses several basic methods for testing and recovering passwords, including brute force attack, mask attack, dictionary search, and Rainbow table attack. The Rainbow attack is particularly effective, as it uses pre-computed hash tables that allow finding up to 95% of passwords in just minutes instead of days or weeks. Fortunately, the Rainbow attack cannot be performed from outside of your network! You’ll need either administrative access or a dump file exported by Elcomsoft System Recovery.
- Compatible with Windows 7 (with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions)
- Run fast on Intel Core i7 processors
- Uses password cache
- Supports indexed rainbow tables (available at www.freerainbowtables.com)
- Determine how secure your corporate network is
- Test the strength of passwords protecting user accounts
- Recover account passwords
- Perform attacks with brute force, by the dictionary, or with a mask from inside or outside of your network
- Recover up to 95% of passwords in just minutes from the inside with Rainbow attack