StreamArmor is the sophisticated tool for discovering hidden alternate data streams (ADS) as well as clean them completely from the system. It’s advanced auto analysis coupled with online threat verification mechanism makes it the best tool available in the market for eradicating the evil streams. StreamArmor comes with fast multi threaded ADS scanner which can recursively scan over entire system and quickly uncover all hidden streams. All such discovered streams are represented using specific color patten based on threat level which makes it easy for human eye to distinguish between suspicious and normal streams.
StreamArmor has built-in advanced file type detection mechanism which examines the content of file to accurately detect the file type of stream. This makes it great tool in forensic analysis in uncovering hidden documents/images/audio/video/database/archive files within the alternate data streams. StreamArmor is the standalone, portable application which does not require any installation. It can be copied to any place in the system and executed directly.
Here are the highlights of prominent and unique features of StreamArmor which makes it stand apart from other existing tools in the market:
- Fast, multi threaded ADS scanner to quickly and recursively scan entire computer or drive or just a folder.
- ‘Snapshot View’ for quick identification of selected stream and faster manual analysis.
- Option to ‘Ignore Known and Zero Streams’ which automatically ignores all known streams (such as Zone.Identifier) and streams with zero size, thus greatly reducing time and effort involved in manual analysis.
- Advanced stream file type detection which analyzes internal content of file to detect the real file type rather than just going by the file extension. Here is the list of some of the major file type categories detected by StreamArmor
+ Executable File Type (EXE, DLL, SYS, COM, MSI, CLASS)
+ Archive File Type (ZIP, RAR, TAR, GZ, COM)
+ Audio File Type (MP3, WAV, RA, RM, WMA, M3U)
+ Video File Type (WMV, AVI, MPEG, MP4, SWF, DIVX, FLV, DAT, VOB, MOV)
+ Database Type (MS ACCESS)
+ Document Type (PDF, XML, DOC, RTF, All MS Office old & new formats)
- Sophisticated ‘Auto Threat Analysis’ based on heuristic technology for identifying anomaly in the discovered streams based on the characteristics and patterns.