Query Reporter is an easy-to-use freeware tool to create and run HTML reports from the results of a SQL query against an Oracle database. From a simple query, you can define tabular, break, and master/detail reports. You can refine the layout by specifying colors, fonts, alignment, formats, sums, headers, backround, margins and so on.
- Powerful substitution variables: You can use substitution variables in the SQL text where input from the end-user is required. You can define if these substitution variables are string, number or date values, if they should be represented as selection lists or checkboxes, what the default value is, and so on.
- Graphical Query Builder: The graphical Query Builder makes it easy to create new select statements or modify existing ones. Just drag and drop tables and views, select columns for the field list, where clause and order by clause, join tables based on foreign key constraint definitions, and you’re done.
- SQL Editor: The SQL editor uses syntax highlighting to improve readability of the SQL text, and to quickly verify if your SQL syntax is correct. In case of an SQL syntax error, the cursor will be located on the error position.
- PL/SQL Developer report compatibility: Query Reporter uses the same report definition file format as PL/SQL Developer. Therefore you can use Query Reporter to run reports created by PL/SQL Developer users, without needing a PL/SQL Developer license or installation.
- Security: You can create reports that need to be run under privileged accounts, without providing the password to the end-user. You can for example define a report for the SYS account, and include the SYS password in the encrypted report definition file. You can only view or modify the report definition if you have the SYS password.
- Export features: The query results of a report can be exported to HTML, XML, CSV or TSV format. You can alternatively show the results directly in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.