WampServer is a service manager that installs Apache, PHP5, MySQL database, PHPmyadmin and SQLitemanager on your computer. It´s principal aim is to allow you to easily discover the new version of PHP: PHP5. WampServer comes with a service manager installed as a tray icon. It allows you to manage WampServer and access all services.
When you install WampServer, all the files are copied in the directory you choose. Conf files are then modified to point to that directory. It also installs a “www” directory which will be your Document Root.
At the end of the installation, WampServer will automatically install Apache and MySQL as services:
- service´ wampapache´: apache service
- service ´wampmysql´: mysql service
WAMP5´s installation is compact. This means that all files are copied to WampServer’s directory. Only the MySQL conf file (usually my.ini) is copied to the Windows directory but as “mywamp.ini” to avoid conflicts with other installs.
What’s New in version 2.0i::
- Apache 2.2.11
- PHP 5.3.0
- PECL packages are not included anymore (not available on the PHP website)
- MySQL 5.1.36
- phpMyAdmin 220.127.116.11
- SQLiteManager is not included anymore, not compatible with PHP 5.3.0
- Minor bug corrected in the php.ini file
- The PHP log file has been desactivated since it creates a bug with the phpinfo() function
Double click on the downloaded file and just follow the instructions. Everything is automatic.
The WampServer package is delivered whith the latest releases of Apache, MySQL and PHP.
Once WampServer is installed, you can add other releases by downloading
them on this website. They will then appear in the WampServer menu
and you will be able to switch releases with a simple click.
Each release of Apache, MySQL and PHP has its own settings and its own files (datas for MySQL).