Have you ever tried to use Permalinks with WordPress running on an IIS server? What a pain. I created this ISAPI filter for IIS specifically to provide URL Rewriting for WordPress, without having to install and configure a full URL rewriting software package. This ISAPI filter allows you to create Permalinks that don’t suck, and it lets you do it very easily, with almost no configuration required. I have been using WordPress URL Rewrite on this site for a while now, and I feel that it is ready to be shared with everyone. Let me ease your pain!
- Can run with multiple WordPress installations in an IIS Web Site (for example: / and /MyBlog/)
- Has a configurable path Exceptions list (for example: defining /Forum as an exception would prevent any pages in this folder from being re-written)
- Works with IIS 5.0, 5.1 and 6.0
- Works with WordPress 2.0 or higher
- Easy to setup, easy to maintain