REALbasic is easy to learn, easy to use and object-oriented. Whether you are a seasoned developer or new to programming, REALbasic will let you create your own applications, faster.
REALbasic comes in three editions:
* Personal Edition, for hobbyists or those developing software for themself.
* Professional Edition, for part time software developers.
* Studio Edition, for full time commercial software developers.
View comparison chart to compare editions and their features.
All editions of REALbasic include the following capabilities:
Window layout editor
- Drag and drop – Drag controls onto a window to build your user interface.
- Native support controls – REALbasic provides more than 40 native user interface controls for each platform, including buttons, fields, lists, sliders, tab panels, and much more.
- Alignment guides – Assists in lining up controls on a window.
- Auto-complete – Helps you write code faster with fewer errors by offering suggestions on valid syntax.
- Syntax coloring – Use different colors to distinguish between keywords, variables, code and comments.
- Block lines – Quickly see the structure of your code.
- Code assistants – A contextual menu of syntax options that help you write code faster and with fewer errors.
- Bitmaps – Use the REALbasic Canvas class to create and display bitmap images.
- Vector graphics – Includes a 2D vector graphics engine for spline-based images.
- Quicktime – Play and edit QuickTime movies in your applications.