This image viewer was created to fill a void in linux & windows
since no image viewer supported all of the features needed. We wanted for an image viewer to be able to do at least this:
- Handle sorting of images correctly, ie. an order like “001 2 03 004
.. 010b 10c 011 12a” should work.
- Show images 2 at a time for viewing mangas and other comic books.
- Be able to view images inside of .rar & .zip compressed files
and handling them as “folders”.
- Be able to stand alone, without hooking itself into 2000
- Be able to switch between different folders, both automatically and
manually as well as finding the next folder with images when needed.
- Handle bookmarks for reading those 556 episode long mangas, which
will probably not be read all at once anyway.
- Be able to copy, move, and delete images and whole
- Have a function for copying and pasting the path of an image from
inside the image viewer.
- Handle zooming and moving around in the image in a sane way and
using mouse wheel and mous dragging.
- Be able to handle the japanese mangas being read, back to front.
- Handle fullscreen viewing of images.
- Should be able to scale in the common ways(fit height, fit width,
stretch, none and scale).
- It should have the OPTIONS to identify by content OR filename.
- It should save the settings between runs.
- It should be cross platform because noone likes loosing their
preferred viewer. Tested in Windows XP and GNOME 2.26.1 with Ubuntu