VMware Fusion breaks down the walls between Windows and Mac OS X, transforming Windows applications to work side-by-side with Mac OS X applications without rebooting. Built from the ground up for the Mac, VMware Fusion is the easiest way to switch to Mac letting you bring all of your Windows applications with you, making the most of your Windows software investment, while providing the perfect safety blanket for the switch.
With the powerful Unity feature, VMware Fusion seamlessly integrates your Windows applications with your Mac. Instantly launch Windows applications from any Mac file, the Dock, and more. Minimize Windows applications to the Dock and even quickly switch between Windows and Mac applications with Exposé.
VMware Fusion makes your Windows-on-Mac experience the safest possible with a suite of features to keep Windows safe and sound. From automated, timed snapshots, to embedded antivirus and antispyware software, VMware Fusion keeps Windows on your Mac sparkling.
Share data back and forth between your Windows and Mac with ease. Drag and drop files from your Mac to Windows, and back. Copy and paste styled text from Mac apps into Windows apps, and vice versa. Access all your Mac files, straight from any Windows application.
VMware Fusion’s Mirrored Folders easily maps special folders on your Mac—Desktop, Documents, Pictures, and Music—to their counterparts in your virtual machine. Use your Windows applications to run and modify Mac files and save files from your Windows applications straight to the Mac.
With VMware Fusion Keyboard Mapping your Mac keyboard can now play nice with any Windows application.
Shortcut keys needed for Windows programs, but which don’t exist on the Mac keyboard—like “insert,” “print screen,” “F13” through “F16,” and more—are now a snap. Just set up a mapped key using VMware Fusion’s Keyboard Mapping.
New in this Version:
- Improved 3D & Video Performance: Improved WDDM driver and 3D backend improvements speed up some applications and tests up to 80% on Mac OS X Snow Leopard
- Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala): Full support for Ubuntu 9.10 32-bit & 64-bit editions
- Even More 64-bit Support: Networking subsystem now 64-bit native to match 64-bit core engine
- Easier Move to VMware Fusion: Import standalone VHD virtual disks and Parallels Desktop 5 virtual machines into VMware virtual machines
- Improved Resume Times: Reduced time for resuming virtual machines
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- Intel processor
- 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended)
- 700MB hard disk space (5GB of free disk per VM)
- Microsoft Windows or other operating system not included