BizBee File Split Merge Pro is a "two-in-one", simple to use software tool to split virtually any files and merge the split files without any software. This tool can also merge any text files as the user like. While the split tool is useful for any one, the "Text File Merge" tool is a very helpful tool for data stewards, data analysts, statisticians, database developers, and database administrators.
The features includes:
- For "File Split"
- The File Split can handle very large files as long as the memory limitations and the disk capacity restrictions are met. In a testing, a 51.5GB database file was split (and merged) successfully in 3.5 hours.
- The tool is fast in splitting large files.
- This software Does not require the installation of additional software except Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 or later.
- You can set user preferences specifically for "File Split".
- The split window can be re-sized so that you can adjust the window size to your convenience.
- Depending on the scenario, you can either give the number of file chunks or give the file chunk size. You have a facility to know how many file chunks will be produced when you give a file chunk size and wise versa.
- The file chunks may have the sizes in the range of KB to GB. If you want the file chunk in the range of Terra Byte (TB), you will need to specify in GB.
- During the splitting process, the process will be logged and you should be able to copy and paste this.
- You will not need this software when merging back the split file. This is definitely a plus since you do not need a software license on the destination where you (or the recipient of the split files) merge the split files.
- The maximum number of file chunks this tool can produce, is 10000.
- For "File Merge"
- The tool is fast in merging large files.
- For File Merge, you can choose data files from different folders in the computer.
- During the merging, you can exclude given number of line either from the beginning of the files or from the end of the files. You can include additional data (like file name, file count, empty line or any text) in between files.
- At present, only text files can be merged. But the text file extensions can be any thing. But these extensions need to be in the "File Extension List" portion of the tool. File Merge has the feature to filter the files by given file types making it very easy for file browsing and selection.
- Can set the merging order after selection
- Doesn’t require the installation of additional software except Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 or later
- You can set user preferences specifically for "File Merge".
- The File Merge tool window can be re-sized so that you can adjust the window size to your convenience.
- No limit on number of records merged
The File Merge can handle very large files as long as the memory limitations and the disk capacity restrictions are met.