The Disk Doctors File Shredder is an advanced file shredding application, which allows various easy to options to shred files, folders, and unused space from a logical drive.
The user-friendly software presents a hierarchical explorer view to select file and folders to shred, to shred files simply add the files to “shredding zone” and select the shredding patterns and the software would start destructing the data beyond recovery.
No matter if data has been deleted using a ‘Delete’ button, Shift –Del button, emptying the recycle bin or formatting the hard drive the data can still be recovered using any Data Recovery Software. Windows Operating System does not physically remove deleted files from your hard disk but the data remains there until the information is overwritten by a new file. Deleted file, which is not overwritten, can still be recovered.
In order to delete files permanently, you have to use file shredder software which helps you to shred files and folders from your Windows drive. It shreds the deleted data leaving no traces of sensitive/critical data.
- Power shredder eliminates files, folders, and deleted data.
- Context menu integration helps to add files/folders to shredding zone. The option also offers “single click” shredding of files and folders.
- Unused space shredder to remove deleted data
- Inbuilt scheduler to schedule shredding tasks, shred files at a specified time or at the startup of your Windows.
- Password protect the application for access control
- Generates event log of the complete shredding process
- Several military and government shredding patterns to shred data
- Automatic live update to keep the software up-to-date
- Extremely easy to use, several on screen instructions, context sensitive help.
- “How to ….” Section of user guide embedded with the application