PE Structure Viewer is intended for displaying the structure of 32 and 64 bit executable files in the Windows family of operating systems. These files are known as Portable Executable (PE). Some of the structural elements, especially resources, can be seen in a human readable form. Other elements are available only in a hexadecimal viewer, which has incremental searching, bookmarks, Unicode support, data block copying/saving, "Text Only" mode, and a data interpreter.
Besides these, the program allows you to browse running processes and DLLs they have loaded, browse all currently registered shell extensions and COM servers, browse loaded drivers, open in-memory images, open non-executable files for displaying them in a hexadecimal, textual or graphical form. The program supports BMP, ICO, EMF, EMF+, GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF image formats. An integrated text viewer has incremental searching and supports ANSI/Unicode text and RTF. If you work with the Registry regularly, the possibility of quick jumping to the Registry key indicated in the text file can prove useful to you. The other tool named String Finder shows all strings found in the file, and allows you to quickly find strings containing a given substring.
What’s new in this version?
- Added possibility to open in-memory images.
- Added a dialog displaying all loaded in system modules.
- Extended the lists of the loaded and registered modules to display more information.
- Added a tool named String Finder supporting filtering of strings on a substring.
- Added support of GIF, PNG, JPG, TIFF, EMF, EMF+ images (via GDI+).
- Added possibility to open text and image files in a human readable form.
- Added command "Go To Registry Key" in text mode.
- Added command "Fit To Page" in image mode.
- Added support of bold fonts in text and hexadecimal modes.
- Many internal changes and optimizations.
The program works on Windows 98/Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. It has low system requirements.