If you are looking for an external hard disk drive solution that can be used interchangeably between Windows XP, Mac OS and Linux, there is only one way to prepare the hard disk and SwissKnife does it for you. You can create, delete and format partitions on your hard disk drives in one smooth, simple process. While the product has been tested up to 500GB, it should support hard disks of up to 500GB. SwissKnife allows creation of FAT32 & NTFS partitions. FAT16 option is provided for compatibility. Supports Internal interfaces such as IDE and SCSI and External interfaces such as Hi-Speed USB, Parallel port, PCMCIA, USB On-The-Go, Firewire, SATA interfaces etc. Creates Fixed and Removable Disk Format types.This version also support for NTFS and features resizable windows. Upon completion, the drive icons will be dynamically updated on your computer.
- Formats faster than the OS (click on chart for details)
- Allows change of cluster size during Full format or Quick Format
- Divides a single hard drive into one or more partitions
- Supports Hi-Speed USB, PCMCIA, SATA, SCSI, USB 1.1, and FireWire® external drives
- Supports Fixed and Removable disk formats
- Supports FAT, FAT32 & NTFS systems
- Allows creation of a single partition of up to 500GB of FAT32 or NTFS file systems.
- Full format or Quick Format of existing partitions
- Selective partitions can be modified for optimum flexibility