AkelPad is a new and a versatile alternative to the typical Notepad included by default in Windows. This interesting program could be installed as a replacement for Notepad or as a new installation. AkelPad brings interesting and practical improvements specially designed to help you in your documents editing. Notepad is a wonderful editor, being used to edit files in plain text format, thus it is irreplaceable for designing of Web documentsm, programming, and so on. However, the one comprised in Windows, is very inconvenient due to several limitations. This program claims to be able to fill up these drawbacks.
Features of AkelPad
- Single window mode (SDI), multi window mode (MDI);
- Editing of files, which size is more than 64K (generally speaking, size isn’t theoretically limited);
- Full support of Unicode strings on Unicode systems (NT/2000/XP/2003);
- Support of Unicode codepages (UTF-16 little endian, UTF-16 big endian, UTF-8);
- Support of any codepage installed in the system;
- Support of DOS/Windows, Unix and Mac newline formats;
- Preview file open;
- Correct pseudographics displaying;
- Column text selection;
- Multi-level undo;
- Fast search/replace text strings;
- Remember file codepage and caret position;
- Printing of a document and print preview;
- Support of language modules;
- Plugins support (syntax highlighting, auto-completion, scripts execution, keyboard macros and much more).
· Added: color printing.
· Added: Polish language module (Krzysztof Janicki).
· Added: check main window visibility on startup.
· Fixed: possible crash after I/O error.
· Fixed: text folding.
· Fixed: vertical selection.
· Fixed: closing the plugin dockable window through the Esc key, could send a program exit signal.