Movie Outline is professional script writing software that was created by a produced writer to take the complexity out of the screenwriting process. Its intuitive design is based on the principle of step-outlining which allows you to easily plan and organize your cinematic structure, develop characters and format your screenplay to industry standard scene by scene.
What’s more, you can also import PDF, rich text and plain text files with layout and Movie Outline will automatically reformat them. 3.1 can also display scene numbers that automatically update as you type, and print and export scene numbers to scheduling programs for production.
If you double-click on a step title in your outline list, Movie Outline will display your full script and a list of scenes in the right-hand pane. This also applies to Step Cards which can now be flipped between steps or scenes. The status bar and purple “theme” indicates which mode you are in and by clicking on the status bar you can also customize display options. When working in Full Script mode the console navigates and arranges scenes instead of steps and is directly linked to your script.
The outline list now displays a small icon indicating that a particular step has outline content. This is helpful when navigating a project to immediately know where you have outline, script and notes and where you don’t! Another major addition to the content icons view is “Speech Count” which will now display a small “speech bubble” icon beside the character icon on the Character tab allowing you to instantly see where characters appear in your script and how much dialogue they have.
Simply click on a character name in your character list and see where their speeches appear throughout your story. You can now also sort your character list alphabetically or by speech count, and you can add characters from your script to your project via the Tools menu.
New in this version:
- NEW: Ignore UK spelling variations option
- NEW: Open last project on start-up
- NEW: Sample short film project “Once Bitten”
- NEW: Save prompt on close of Character Profile Wizard
- NEW: Preferences and menu options for Scene Numbering
- IMPROVED: Handling of cut, copy, paste, drag & drop to retain element formatting
- IMPROVED: PDF export font handling, text spacing and style
- IMPROVED: 100% Windows 7 and Snow Leopard Compatible
- FIXED: Printing page range
- FIXED: Pagination and text wrapping issues across page breaks
- FIXED: Re-scrolling issues as you press enter in middle of regular text fields
- FIXED: Scrollbar and click on scrollbar track now correctly navigates pages
- FIXED: Project folder not created in “Documents” if you’ve set custom locations
- FIXED: Ctrl+backspace or delete now deletes previous/next word or paragraph