TextCrawler is a fantastic tool for anyone who works with text files.
This cool utility enables you to instantly find and replace words and
phrases across multiple files and folders. It utilises a powerful
Regular Expression engine to enable you to create sophisticated
searches, perform batch operations, extract text from files and more.
It is fast and easy to use, and as powerful as you need it to be.
- Find and Replace across files
- Fast searching, even on large files.
- Simple to use interface
- Flexible search parameters
- Text Extractor – rip text into a new file
- Search and replace using Regular Expressions. Create sophisticated searches.
- Regular Expression test tool
- Regular Expression library – Save your searches.
- Create backup files
- Highlighted search results
- Export Results
- Batch find and replace operations
TextCrawler is freeware, but any donations towards future development
are gratefully received. If in the future a pay-for version of
Textcrawler is released all contributors will receive a full licence!
What’s new in version 1.1.4:
- Fixed control tab order sequence
- File properties window from right-click context menu
- Fixed 'Create blank file' bug if file moved or deleted.
- Correctly escape $ symbol in standard replace ("$_" bug)
- Fixed greyed out File/Filter bug when marked file deleted/moved
- Updated Splash screen.