EA Install is a program to create an installer for MetaTrader Expert
Advisors. It has some features custom tailored for its specific
function: auto-detecting and installing to multiple MetaTrader
installations, strong encryption, serial number protection, anti-tamper
mechanism, handling shortcuts and uninstaller.
Both Free Edition and Professional Edition of EA Install share some common key features, including:
- The generated installer is packed in one single file.
- Uninstaller included, shown in Windows’s Add/Remove Programs.
- Can detect and install to one or more MetaTrader installations at once.
- Can detect if a MetaTrader program is running.
- Create program shortcuts in Start Menu (uninstall, readme, license info, what’s new, website, contact email).
- Built-in editor for Readme, License Info, What’s New documents.
- Support for Expert Advisors, Custom Indicators, and Scripts.
- Secure encryption with industry standard 128 bits auto generated keys.
- Anti tampering mechanism, protecting your content from being illegally cracked.
- Support for MetaTrader 4 or later versions.
- The generated installer runs on Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP and Windows Vista operatings systems.
The Professional Edition has some additional features over the Free Edition, including:
- Custom banner picture.
- Custom icon.
- Serial number protection, including a tool to generate random serial numbers based on your criteria.
- Can override user’s MetaTrader Expert Advisors settings such as
Allow Live Trading, Allow DLL Linking, Allow Calling to Other Expert
- No link to EAInstall.com in the generated installer.