The new ProtectStar Data Shredder 2.1 ushers in an intelligent generation of solutions for secure deletion of sensitive data. This compact and user friendly software was designed with the data deletion needs of both business and private users, and allows all data to be deleted in such a way that it is completely beyond recovery, even for experts and government agencies.
When you use ProtectStar Data Shredder 2.1 to delete data from a hard drive or storage device, you are ensuring that confidential information such as bank data, passwords and employee data can never fall into the wrong hands.
- Secure data deletion based on government approved and military data security standards up to the confidential, secret and top secret security standard levels.
- Deletes confidential data from hard drives, memory sticks, memory cards and so on
- Integration of the powerful ProtectStar™ Secure Deletion Algorithm© allows for fail-safe data security
- Secure deletion of free storage space, as well as the Windows recycling bin, Internet cache, cookies, temporary system folders and so on.
- Allows for secure cutting and pasting of files and directories
- Fully integrated into the Windows Explorer context menu
- System partitions and individual system drives can be deleted securely in offline mode without a boot medium
- Detailed deletion log provides evidence of deletion
- Supports multicore processors
- Technical support
- Supports FAT, FAT32 and NTFS
- Minimum requirements for the relevant operating system
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, 2003 Server and 2008 Server
- 32- and 64 bit compatible
- 10 MB of free disk space