Process Lasso is a unique new technology that will, amongst other things, improve your
PC’s responsiveness and stability. Windows, by design, allows programs to monopolize your
CPU without restraint — leading to freezes and hangs. Process Lasso’s
(Process Balance) technology intelligently adjusts the priority of
running programs so that badly behaved or overly active processes won’t
interfere with your ability to use the computer!
Lasso also offers an assortment of ways to take full control of how
your CPUs are allocated to running programs. You can choose at what
priority processes should run, and which CPUs should be assigned to
them. You can also disallow certain programs from running, log all
programs run, keep programs running, and SO much more.
Once you install Process Lasso, it’ll just start working.
More advanced users can tweak the configuration, but you needn’t touch
anything to have it instantly improve your system responsiveness and prevent stalls in high load situations.
network admins, Process Lasso works wonderfully on Terminal Servers and
in multi-user environments. We have many clients that have been using
Process Lasso on their Terminal Servers for years.
Best of all, Process Lasso is. This means it consumes very few system resources – considerably less than any similar software.
Process Lasso runs on all editions of Windows 2000, XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, and Windows 7.
Process Lasso Features
- Prevent processes from monopolizing the CPU(s)
- dynamic priority optimization
- CPU throttling (new)
- Save process priorities for future instances
- Save process CPU affinities for future instances
- Foreground boosting
- Limit allowed program instances
- Disallow programs from running
- Log all programs run
- Keep select processes running (auto-restart)
- System responsiveness graph
- Stand-alone core engine
- Available in x86-32 and x86-64 builds
- Extremely low RAM and CPU use
- Addition.GUI: Added new 'Active Processes' view with nifty bar graphs to depict per-process CPU utilization
- Addition.Core: Added new 'very high' refresh speed
- Change.GUI: When per-process CPU utilization display turned off, tracking is also disabled
- Change.Core: Improved handling of new process logging
- Change.Core: Improved response time during periods of frequent new process creation and destruction
- Change.Core: Minor code tweaks