Clone, synchronize, backup. Schedule and forget it. Try it ’til you trust it.
The key to a successful backup plan is to actually do the backups regularly. When left to a human, the task often gets tacked on to the end of a very long list of other things to do. When you eventually have a catastrophe, the data is simply gone. You know that feeling — you just lost six years of family photos. Your kids being born, their first birthdays, their first everything. The answer to this is consistent and regular backups, placed on a schedule and handled automatically by your computer.
CCC 3 features an interface designed to make the cloning and backup procedure very intuitive. In addition to general backup, CCC can also clone one hard drive to another, copying every single block or file to create an exact replica of your source hard drive. CCC’s block-level copy offers the absolute fastest performance and highest fidelity in the industry!
- A Better Bootable Backup — your data, the operating system’s data, all preserved impeccably on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moments notice
- Simplest method to migrate to a new, larger hard drive
- Support for block-level disk-to-disk clones for super-fast upgrades
- Fast, incremental backups copy only the items that have changed since the last backup
- Archival backup archives items that have been deleted from the source
- Back up to hard drives or to disk images
- Schedule backup tasks on an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly basis
- Configure a backup task to run when the backup device is (re)attached to your Mac
- Working late? Convenient "Defer or Skip" features allow you to dynamically reschedule or skip a backup that occurs at an inopportune time
- You don’t even need to be logged in for your backups to occur!
- Back up to another Macintosh on your home network or across the Internet
- Back up to a disk image on a mounted sharepoint
- Simple interface for indicating exactly what you want to back up
- Restore using the same process used for backup
- Backups are non-proprietary, so you can browse them or use them with Migration Assistant
- Built-in software update feature notifies you when updates are available
- Mac OS 10.4 Tiger (10.4.8 or higher)
- Mac OS 10.5 Leopard
- Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard
- HFS+ formatted partition or hard drive
- Firewire and USB hard drives including iPods*
- CCC will not backup directly to optical media
- CCC is supported only on machines that officially support Mac OS X Tiger (or higher)