D-Vision is a GUI for mencoder/mplayer. D-Vision is better as :
- the new GUI and the automatism of D-Vision 3 make it easier to use.
- the totally rewritten code make D-Vision more stable.
- the tasks manager allow you to program many encoding and processing.
D-Vision is composed of two different parts. The first part, which is
the one available by default when launching the software, is made for:
- encoding DVD movies in Divx, Xvid or h264.
- extract sound of a DVD in MP3 or AC3.
The second part of D-Vision is composed of some tools which allow you to:
- encode AVI and MPG files in Divx, Xvid or h264
- cut AVI files
- merge AVI or VOB files
- encode audio file in MP3 or AC3
- modify fourcc code of an AVI file
- embed subtitles from a SRT file on a movie (MPG or AVI)
- demux OGM files
D-Vision is not made for :
In his third
version, D-Vision can’t encode .mov and .dv files. If you need a
software for this, you could try D-Volution (available on this site
D-Vision 3 can’t process directly protected DVD. You need to rip it on
your hard drive with another software like Mac The Ripper, DVDBackup,
OSex or Yade X.
D-Vision uses some open source softwares to process some tasks :
- mencoder/mplayer for encoding
- ffmpeg for some audio tasks
- tcprobe, avimerge, avisplit et avifix for some process on avi files
- ogmdemux for demuxing OGM files