Visual Web Ripper can automatically walk through whole web sites and collect complete content structures such as product catalogues or search results, and save the content in a database or as XML. This application was designed to allow users to collect content from the Internet and save it as structured data. The Visual Web Ripper programming interface provides full access to every single feature in Visual Web Ripper, so you can create and modify projects, or run a project and access collected data directly.
Features of Visual Web Ripper
- Visual Web Ripper has a visual editor to define projects and templates. You use a mouse to click on the content you want to collect, so no coding is required.
- Visual Web Ripper can automatically walk through whole web sites and collect complete content structures such as product catalogues or search results
- Visual Web Ripper has a fast multi-threaded data collector for web sites where AJAX is not required for data extraction.
- Visual Web Ripper can repeatedly submit forms for all possible combinations of input values in dropdown boxes, or you can supply a list of input values by yourself.
- You can supply parameter data from a database, such as form input values or URLs that should be visited.
- Visual Web Ripper can extract data from most framesets and iframes.
- A list of anonymous proxy servers can be setup to hide your IP-address and facillitate anonymous web scrapping.
- You can schedule content extraction to keep data up-to-date. The scheduler includes email notification, logging and status screens.
- Advanced selection techniques make project templates more resistant to structural changes on web pages, so a scheduled project can keep collecting data even if the structure of a webpage changes slightly.
- Email notifications can be sent out if the structure of a webpage changes so much that you must modify the scheduled project to continue extracting content from the webpage.