MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) is now available to AT&T customers on the following iPhone models*:
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS
Follow the steps in this article to update your iPhone and enable MMS.
* MMS is not available on the original iPhone. Original iPhone owners: you can still view MMS messages you receive using the View my message website.
iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS
AT&T MMS requires iPhone OS 3.1 and
a carrier settings update. Use these steps to update your iPhone to the
latest iPhone OS and carrier settings:
- Make sure that you have a working Internet connection on your computer and that you are using iTunes 8.2 or later.
- Connect iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
- Select your iPhone in the Devices list and click "Check for Update".
- Update to iPhone OS 3.1 if prompted to do so.
- Click "Update Settings" when prompted.
- When the update is complete, you will see the following screen:
- Restart your iPhone.
the power button until "slide to power off" appears. Slide to power off
your device. When it is off, press the power button to turn it back on.
After iPhone restarts, verify MMS is active by creating a new text
message. You should see the camera icon to the left of the text field:
For more information on using MMS, see the iPhone User Guide.