Software Used: Adobe Photoshop 7
Here is a small tutorial on how to make a cute, glossy smiley in Adobe
Photoshop. I have used Photoshop 7 but I’m sure this will work in all
1) Open a new document 500×500 pixels.
2) Layer —–> New —–> Layer (CTRL + SHIFT + N) and name it
"Body" and make sure it is selected in the Layers Window (Window
3) Take the Elliptical Marquee Tool (M) and while holding down Shift key make a circle.
Now it would be:
5) Change the foreground color to "#FFDF2B"
6) Now take the Gradient tool:
Make sure the selection over the circle is still active.
Select the Linear Gradient:
Apply the Gradient like shown:
The result will be like:
7) Press CTRL + D
8) Layer —> Layer Style —> Blending Options and apply Stroke with the following settings:
9) Layer —–> New —–> Layer (CTRL + SHIFT + N) and name it "Reflection"
10) Take the Elliptical Marquee Tool and make a selection like:
11) Fill it with any color with the Paint Bucket Tool
12) Layer —> Layer Style —> Blending Options and use the following options:
and click on the Gradient bar to get more options.
Now you just made the body of our smiley
13) Layer —–> New —–> Layer (CTRL + SHIFT + N) and name it "Eyes".
15) Layer —–> New —–> Layer (CTRL + SHIFT + N) and name it "Mouth".
17) Fill it with white and Layer —> Layer Style —> Blending
Options and apply a Stroke with Black color and Size: 9 px.
Kabooom! You just made a cute smiley…..
NOW for some special effects:
* Select the Body layer and press CTRL + U and try changing the Hue and wallah! you can get smiley in any colour.
Use your imagination and make your own smiley. Some other smiley that I could make using the same technique was:
OK…….. Now tips on making the devil.
For the horns, on a new layer (below the body layer) create and fill a
circle (at the position where horns come) with help of the Elliptical
Marquee tool….. and then with the same tool select and delete a part
of it so as to make it a look like a horn (remember how we made that
Mouth above). Now DUPLICATE that layer (Layer —> Duplicate Layer).
Next Edit —> Transform —-> Rotate Horizontal now using the
Move Tool (V) move the horn on the duplicated layer to the other side.
Next go about drawing the tail and eyes……. play around and you’ll
create this and more…