Software Used: Photoshop 6.0
This tutorial tells you how to create a simple but yet great looking signature for your online forums.
1) Open a new document with height 100 pixels and width 450 pixels (or use the desired size of your signature)
(Press D, to reset colors)
2) Filter -> Render -> Clouds (Press D before this to reset colors)
3) Filter -> Distort -> ZigZag and use the following settings
Your image should now be looking like this…
4) Image -> Adjust -> Hue/Saturation (CTRL + U). Tick the Colorize option.
Feel free to play with the colors here. I used the settings:
Hue: 256 | Saturation: 50 | Lightness: 0
You just created the background for your signature.
5) Create a New Layer (CTRL + SHIFT + N)
6) Select the Rectangular marquee tool and make a selection like:
7) Edit -> Fill -> Use: White
Also deselect the marquee (by clicking somewhere outside the image)
8) Layer -> Layer Style -> Blending Options….
a) Make Opacity: 50%
b) Select Drop Shadow (with default options)
c) Stroke with Size:1 and Color: Black
Now it’ll be:
9) Next select the Text tool and type your name or whatever you want in
such a way that the font size is not larger than the white patch. Now
drag the text onto the white patch.
You just created a cool signature for your online forums!