Yazsoft today released a major new update to ShareTool. Developed
for Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, ShareTool is an award winning utility
that lets you connect to all of the Bonjour services on your home or
office network from anywhere in the world securely over a 100% SSH
encrypted connection. This includes iTunes Music Sharing, Screen
Sharing, File Sharing, printing, and much more. No configuration. No
complication. No server or technical skills required. Just a mouse
click. ShareTool also works with VPN connections. For anyone that’s
been itching to get Bonjour working over VPN, ShareTool is for you!
What is ShareTool and why should you care?
Scenario: You’ve just purchased a brand new iMac and MacBook and are
simply loving it. You’ve set up your home or office network exactly the
way you want it. You have file sharing between the two machines and can
transfer your documents easily between them; you can listen to your
iMac’s iTunes Library from the MacBook and view your MacBook’s iPhoto
Library from your iMac. Everything on your network works exactly as you
want it to and life is beautiful.
What happens when you have to leave (i.e. work or travel) the
comfort of your new custom configured network? Wouldn’t it be nice to
know that with one mouse click you will be able to access almost
everything you’ve just setup from anywhere in the world securely?
Before ShareTool, this was simply not possible without an extremely (if
at all possible) complicated setup even for those in the know. Not
anymore! With ShareTool, that complex procedure is reduced to a simple
mouse click and as a result, yes, you can be at two places at the same
ShareTool lets you access all of the Bonjour services on your home
network from anywhere in the world. This includes iTunes Music Sharing,
Screen Sharing, File Sharing, printing, and more.
With ShareTool, you can listen to your entire iTunes music library
at work, control the screen of any of your home computers, or grab that
important file you forgot to bring with you. And this is simply the tip
of the iceberg. With ShareTool, it’s as if you’ve never left your own
network. It’s Back to my Mac – on steroids.
Some Key New Features in ShareTool:
* Simple Setup: ShareTool automatically configures routers supporting NAT-PMP or UPnP
* Easy Access: Remote services automatically appear in Finder, iTunes, and other applications
* Compatibility: ShareTool enables remote access for any application or
service that advertises itself using Bonjour and runs over TCP/IP
* Security: All network traffic is strongly encrypted. Access to your services requires your Mac OS X username and password
* Dynamic domain name support
* On the fly compression: Transfer large files quickly
* Secure web browsing: surf the internet using your own browser securely
* and much more
What’s New in version 1.3:
* New: Added Mac OS X 10.6.1 compatibility
* New: Secure Web Browsing works again under Snow Leopard
* New: ShareTool no longer gets in a bad state with high CPU usage
* Updated: Adjusted tab order when navigating using the keyboard
* Misc: Some low-level tweaks for enhanced performance
* US English, French, German, Polish, and Spanish
* Requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later; Leopard ready
* 22 MB Hard Drive Space
* Internet connection
Pricing and Availability:
* $20: 1 User license
* $30: 2 User license (Save $10)
* $75: Lite user license (Save $25)
* Bundle promo pricing also available. Free demo is available today.