Kingston Technology Europe Ltd, a subsidiary of Kingston Technology Corporation, today announced it is increasing read and write speeds on its Kingston DataTraveler 410 USB Flash drive to 20 MB/sec. read and write. Shipping in capacities up to 32GB, the speedy DataTraveler 410 allows for faster file transfers and is password protected to help keep data secure.
The faster read and write speeds make the DataTraveler 410 the ideal drive for high-definition photos, large documents, presentations, music, videos and other data. It includes SecureTraveler software, which allows users to create and access a password-protected area of the drive called the "Privacy Zone."
The increased data transfer rates of the DataTraveler 410 follows a recent speed bump of the higher capacities (16- and 32GB) of Kingston’s consumer-level DataTraveler I G2, DataTraveler 101 and DataTraveler 100 drives to read and write speeds of 10 MB/sec.Kingston DataTraveler USB drives are backed by a five-year warranty and 24/7 tech support.
DataTraveler 410 Product Features and Specifications:
- Capacities: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- Dimensions: 2.58" x 0.71" x 0.41" (65.76mm x 17.98mm x 10.7mm)
- Speeds: data transfer rates of up to 20MB/sec. read and 20MB/sec. write
- Operating Temperature: 32º F to 140º F (0º C to 60º C)
- Storage Temperature: -4º F to 185º F (-20º C to 85º C)
- Simple: just plug into a USB port
- Practical: capless swivel design protects USB connector; no cap to lose
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty
- Safeguarded: includes SecureTraveler security software for Windows
- Enhanced: for Windows ReadyBoost on Vista-based systems
Kingston Technology’s family of convenient, compact and reliable DataTraveler USB Flash drives has grown once more to now include the DataTraveler 410 (DT410). With capacities up to 32GB, DataTraveler 410 contains room for high-definition photos, graphics-intensive documents, videos, spreadsheets, presentations, school and college projects, and music that can be stored and retrieved in a flash. You are able to password-protect your data with SecureTraveler1 software, which allows you to create and access a password-protected, secure area of the drive called a “Privacy Zone.”