AT&T U-verse is using the most advanced technology to revolutionize what Atlanta area consumers can do with their home phones. AT&T today announced the availability of AT&T U-verse(SM) Voice in parts of Atlanta and the surrounding counties, bringing consumers a next-generation digital voice service delivered over the AT&T U-verse Internet Protocol (IP) network.
AT&T U-verse Voice is available to eligible U-verse TV customers in the Atlanta area, and brings together your home phone, wireless, broadband and TV services — all on one bill — with unique features that provide a new level of integration, convenience and control.
Since introducing AT&T U-verse in Atlanta in May 2008, AT&T has continually made the service available to more customers on an ongoing basis. AT&T U-verse TV, U-verse High Speed Internet and U-verse Voice services are available today in parts of metro Atlanta and surrounding areas including, Athens/Clarke, Barrow, Butts, Camden, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Floyd, Forsyth, Fulton, Glynn, Gordon, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Jackson, Jasper, Lamar, Madison, Newton, Oconee, Paulding, Pike, Rockdale, Spalding, Troup and Walton Counties.
"The expansion of our IP-based services further demonstrates AT&T’s strong commitment to roll out new technology to Georgia residents," said Sylvia E. Russell, AT&T Georgia president. "Our deployment of U-verse Voice is an integral part of the major investment that AT&T has delivered in Georgia as a result of progressive reform legislation that was enacted by the Georgia General Assembly and signed by Governor Perdue."
"AT&T U-verse Voice is one more way we’re making all of our services work together for you and connecting you to your world," said Keith Holmes, vice president and general manager mobility and consumer markets, AT&T Georgia. "We are thrilled to offer this innovative service to Atlanta area customers and make the AT&T U-verse experience better once again. Just like U-verse TV has changed the way people watch television, U-verse Voice will change the way people use their home phone."
AT&T U-verse Voice is a managed IP-based service that is delivered over AT&T’s fiber-rich network. This allows U-verse Voice customers to enjoy great sound quality and reliability, as well as unmatched calling features that combine with your AT&T U-verse TV, broadband and wireless services. Customers benefit from a single, combined voice mailbox for AT&T U-verse Voice and AT&T wireless messages; U-verse Central, an online portal to manage your call preferences and settings from any PC; an online voice mailbox; the ability to view your call logs from your PC or your recent incoming calls on your TV screen; the ability to initiate a call from your PC or TV using Click to Call; and more. All U-verse Voice customers have 911 service.
U-verse TV customers can choose from two flexible U-verse Voice calling plans. U-verse Voice Unlimited includes unlimited nationwide minutes to any location in the U.S., Canada or U.S. territories for $30 a month, and U-verse Voice 250 includes 250 Call Anywhere minutes to any location in the U.S. or U.S. territories for $25 a month.
A second phone line, which shares the primary line’s calling plan, can be added for $15 a month, and each plan features competitive international rates with no recurring monthly charge. Professional installation is included for new AT&T U-verse customers who order U-verse TV and Voice.
Since the launch in the Atlanta area, AT&T U-verse has introduced several enhancements to U-verse TV customers at no extra cost including:
* U-verse TV Multiview, a new app that lets you watch four channels at once on your TV screen.
* Total Home DVR, which gives you the freedom to watch and manage recordings from a single DVR on any connected TV in the house.
* Media Share, which lets you stream your personal photos and music files located on your home computers to any connected TV in the home.
* Regular additions to the U-verse High Definition (HD) channel lineup, which now offers access to more than 110 HD channels — more than the local cable providers.
* TV Awards and New Shows, a new app that helps you stay on top of this season’s award shows and season premieres.
* Weather On Demand, an app that gives you instant access to check the current weather conditions and detailed forecasts in any U.S. city.
* Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football, an app to help you manage your fantasy teams from your U-verse TV screen through the AT&T U-bar.
* College Basketball from Yahoo! Sports, which gives basketball fans the ability to view tournament brackets, their personalized completed bracket, game summaries and box scores, and more through the AT&T U-bar.
* A 20 percent speed increase for AT&T U-verse Internet Max customers from up to 10 Mbps to up to 12 Mbps downstream.
* Continued enhancements to the U-verse Web and Mobile Remote Access applications to deliver more functionality and a new user interface.