Updated to version 1.1 which will correct the defects and improve
many other parts of the game. Ubisoft has informed via press release
that the 1.1 patch is available for PC ANNO 1404.Download demo from here
patch corrects all known flaws of the game so far and significantly
improves some of its mechanisms, such as artificial intelligence and
the military system.
Ubisoft advises all PC gamers to download the 1.1 patch for Anno 1404
at URL available through the following link: http://anno.ubi.com/patch
About Anno 1404
Anno 1404 is developed by Related Designs and produced by Blue Byte,
and is the last work of this series of strategy, in which the discovery
of ancient oriental civilization will inspire players to build cities
and develop a monumental building with a colossal empire creative
vision. ANNO 1404 presents a comprehensive economic system, a very
large world and a system of continuous dynamic game that challenges the
strategic capabilities of the players and their management skills.
ANNO 1404 – Patch Notes 1.1
The most important changes:
– A crash while saving a game could result in the online profile being lost. This error has been fixed.
– The use of special characters within the Windows user name, profile
name or savegame name caused several errors (eg invalid savegames or
crashes). This error has been fixed.
– Memory errors could lead to invalid savegames under specific hardware configurations. This error has been fixed.
– Ships which have destroyed a target now wait at that spot for new orders rather than returning to their starting point.
– The AI was unable to settle some islands. This error has been fixed.
– A function was implemented allowing the items offered at all three
ports to be changed. The player now has the opportunity have the Items
on offer changed upon payment of a fee in gold.
– Military influence areas and firing radii were visually improved to further simplify use of the military.
– Norias no longer worked properly after buying the "Mystery of the nomads’ achievement. This error has been fixed.
– The "Scroll through Ships" and "Scroll through Warehouses" buttons were moved to a more prominent position above the minimap.
– The achievements "We have no time to lose" and "The Emirate" have
been adjusted. The Imperial Cathedral must now be built in 7 hrs and
the Sultan’s Mosque in 5 hrs (previously 8 hrs and 6 hrs). In return,
the condition requiring the people’s satisfaction level to be
"adequately satisfied" or better was removed.
– It was possible to delete savegames and screenshots in the "Gateway
to the World" from within the game. This function is not planned.
Effective immediately, savegames and screenshots can now only be
deleted locally. If you want to delete savegames and / or screenshots
online this must be done directly in the "Gateway to the World".
– Old games from an online profile could be loaded even without
successful login to the "Gateway to the World". This function is not
planned. Savegames from an online profile can now only be loaded once
login to "Gateway to the World" was successful.
– In some cases, when creating an online profile identical ID’s were
given to different profiles. This could lead to a new online profile
overwriting another one. This error has been fixed.
– Some special circumstances occasionally resulted in performance downturns. Errors causing this problem have been fixed.
– An error causing some interface elements to react to external input
(eg, volume control on the keyboard, connecting a Logitech USB headset)
has been fixed.
– In rare cases the "Fog of War" was not displayed correctly after saving / loading a game. This error has been fixed.
– In some menus the confirmation button was within the text box. This error has been fixed.
– The info bar for quests / messages has been shifted slightly upwards,
so that more orders can be displayed when the bar is expanded.
– Some interface elements were still visible in Pause mode. This error has been fixed.
– There were rare cases of ships sailing through islands. This error has been fixed.
– Pigs and cows are now shown the right size on the farthest zoom level.
– Some messages were not properly / fully communicated. This error has been fixed.
– There were various minor bug fixes. (Incorrectly positioned cooldown
displays, tool tips, typos, incompletely displayed text, etc.)
– It is no longer possible to use online profiles or create new ones with modified versions [MODs] of the game.
– Some interface graphics (confirmation buttons and sliders) were replaced.
– The current status of a ship is now also displayed in a tool tip in the ship selection drop-down menu in the strategy map.
– In some cases, quest rewards were not properly transferred to the players. This error has been fixed.
– The Carpenter was still able to repair buildings during battle. This
was not planned. Buildings currently involved in combat you can no
longer be repaired.
– Assignments requiring the player to pay gold can now only be accepted if the player’s balance allows it.
– In rare cases, a few menu items (for example, the menu of a
production building) were not displayed correctly. This error has been
– In rare cases, there was a significant delay before the caravel was
given to the player after the delivery of the first gift for Al Zahir.
This error has been fixed.
– The player could still purchase ships from Hassan ben Sahid even
after their ship limit had been reached. This was not planned and has
– In rare cases, the Trebuchet also took damage when bombarding a building. This error has been fixed.
– In rare cases, some Market buildings did not send out Market carts to pickup goods. This error has been fixed.
– The effectiveness of ranged combat units (especially against military buildings) has been slightly increased.
– The effectiveness of naval bombardment against land units has been slightly reduced.
– The Emperor’s Quest "Nurturing the Alliance" has been simplified.
Instead of 75 contracts only 40 contracts must now be completed.
– The base chance of a ship on an expedition being successful has been reduced.
– In some cases where several ships were ordered in one shipyard, the
ship limit points spent on them were not refunded if the shipyard was
destroyed before the ships were completed. This error has been fixed.
– In rare cases, transport ships were unable to build castles. This error has been fixed.
– The maintenance costs for Military buildings and Castles are now
correctly booked correctly under "Military" instead of under
– The effect of the attainment "Binding handshake" at level 3 has been corrected. Before it had the same effect as at level 1.
– In rare cases, ships that were part of an assignment appeared inside an island. This error has been fixed.
– The Corsairs no longer sink ships required for quests.
– Items which the reduce building / vessel maintenance costs no longer reduce those costs to a negative level.
– In some cases the AI was able to build within the player’s influence area. This error has been fixed.
– In rare cases the AI was able to demolish roads within foreign influence areas. This error has been fixed.
– The use of a trade route allowed more goods to be bought from AI
players than they had put up for sale. This error has been fixed.
– In some cases AI transport ships just stood still when attacked. This error has been fixed.
– Ship AI has been improved. AI ships (especially in larger ship formations) now behave more intelligently when under fire.
– Military AI target selection has been improved.
– In rare cases the AI was able to withdraw its units even though they were in combat. This error has been fixed.
– In some cases the proceeds from the sale of "favorite articles" to
the AI players were not calculated correctly. The AI players now pay
the corresponding (higher) price.
– The AI can no longer build a castle when the corresponding transport
ship is in combat.
– The AI no longer puts "0 t" of an Item up for sale.
– The AI now builds its walls more efficiently, making it more difficult to capture an enemy AI settlement.
– The AI now also builds Carpenters at Patrician level (and higher).
This improves the AI’s cityscape, especially at higher levels of
– In rare cases active trading did not function properly at AI Harbors. This error has been fixed.
– In rare cases the game crashed when loading mission 6 or 8. This error has been fixed.
– In rare cases, the game crashed at the end of mission 8. This error has been fixed.
– Under some special circumstances, no gift was given to the player in Mission 4. This error has been fixed.
– In rare cases, players were unable to obtain the Black Pearl in Mission 7. This error has been fixed.
– In some cases the attack in the side quest "Preservation of
knowledge" in Mission 5 did not start correctly. This error has been
– The quest "Glassworks" in Mission 5 was not completed if all the
necessary manufactories were built before the start of the quest. This
error has been fixed.
– In some cases the achievement "Man the battlements!" was awarded under false premises. This error has been fixed.
– In some cases the achievement "The road map in your head" was awarded under false premises. This error has been fixed.
– The achievement "Turn the hose on!" did not always unlock properly. This error has been fixed.
– In some cases the medal "Order of the Treasurer" was awarded under false premises. This error has been fixed.
– The requirement for the achievement "Who is this Robin?!" has been lowered. Now only 50 Bandit camps are needed.
– The requirement for the achievement "Eureka!" has been lowered. Now only 75 attainments are required.
– The counters in the tool tips for some successes have been corrected and now show the actual values required.