The mighty and the fearless come a step closer to becoming a TEKKEN god
today as NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe announces that development is
complete on TEKKEN 6. The sixth King of Iron Fist Tournament is coming
to the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and
PlayStation3 on 30th October in standard retail, Arcade Stick and
Limited editions, packed with new on and offline gameplay features and
the biggest character line up ever. In selected territories an
exclusive TEKKEN 6 PlayStation3 hardware bundle will also be
For the first time today NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe also
reveals the full extent of the game’s online gameplay features. With
lightning fast character reaction times and consistent 60fps visuals,
TEKKEN 6 lets players all over the world come together and compete for
the status of TEKKEN god.
“The development team, myself included, have poured heart and
soul into the series for 15 years so it is with great excitement that
we await the release of the game and seeing it in the hands of the
fans,” said Katsuhiro Harada, TEKKEN Project Director, NAMCO BANDAI
Games Inc. “We are also pleasantly surprised at the overwhelming
attention the title has received from the media and fans alike. TEKKEN
6 is the pinnacle of the series and we look forward to the reaction
from gamers worldwide once they’ve had a chance to play it.”
With full support via PlayStation Network and Xbox Live online game service, TEKKEN 6 online features include:
Ranked Match and Player Match
- Rank up or work to improve your fighting skills by battling
opponents worldwide in online versus mode with voice chat
Data Upload & Download:
- Create and upload customised ghost characters which accurately replicate your fight style;
- Any player in the world can download your ghost to take on your virtual self in a one-on-one battle even when you’re not online;
- Upload replays of killer matches to share with friends and opponents around the world.
Scenario Online Co-op
- New feature coming this winter as a free post-launch downloadable update;
- Jump into intense two player online co-op campaigns against AI
controlled enemies and experience the dramatic large-scale action with
friends around the globe.
- Battle Points: online only, split between World, Asia, America and Europe;
- Rank: overall on and offline ranking, from Beginner to TEKKEN God;
- Additional rankings include Ranked Match, Scenario Campaign, Time Attack and Survival.
Exclusive PlayStation Home features include:
TEKKEN 6 Title Lounge
- Host Versus and Co-op Sessions: Gather friends and start matches from
the Lounge within PlayStation Home; Online Scenario co-op mode coming
free this winter;
- Home Rewards: Players have the chance to win exclusive costume pieces and furniture at the Lounge for their personal space.
by NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc., TEKKEN 6 brings the blockbuster fighting
series onto multiple platforms for the first time in the history of the
TEKKEN franchise, with stunning realism, uncompromising quality, major
gameplay enhancements including the original Scenario Campaign mode,
and the largest character roster ever seen in the TEKKEN series.
an illustrious 14 year legacy, TEKKEN is among the world’s most popular
and well-known gaming brands with franchise sales of more than 34
million units to date. The blistering new features and electrifying
high-definition fight action of TEKKEN 6 make it an experience not to
be missed .
TEKKEN 6 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 is
scheduled for launch across Europe and the PAL regions on 30th October,
with the PSP version coming later this autumn.For more
information on TEKKEN 6 visit www.tekken.com.