Definitely not a contradiction, Gearbox Software has announced in the most formal manner that the development of its Borderlands is completed. Through a press release, the studio said that effectively the gold versions have been validated both on PC, PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. As a result, officials at Gearbox are pleased to confirm the dates of release of the game, ie October 23 for consoles – Microsoft / Sony and October 30 on PC.
Obviously this date justifies our not so close contradiction. Indeed, there is a fortnight, we learned that the PC version of the game needed a few extra days of work so that things can be properly optimized. Already not very credible at this point, the assertion of Gearbox brushes today as the studio itself announces that all three versions are completed … While Mr Gearbox, we can know the real reason for this discrepancy out?
Borderlands has gone gold! Gearbox Software has now wrapped up the final versions of the game including the PC build to join the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions that have already gone off to the presses. We’ve done it! The official press release is here:
Gearbox Software Announces Borderlands™ has Gone Gold
Gearbox Software is proud to announce that its highly anticipated game, Borderlands™, has gone to "gold master" for the Xbox 360™, the PlayStation 3 and the PC. Published by 2K Games, Borderlands will be available in North America on October 20, 2009 on consoles and October 26, 2009 on PC and in Europe beginning October 23, 2009 for consoles and October 30th on PC.
In Borderlands, players step into the shoes of a Vault Hunter! Rumors whisper of a Vault of alien technology hidden on the remote wasteland planet Pandora, that it holds immeasurable wealth for whoever finds it. Can you survive to discover if the Vault is real?
- RPS (Role-Playing Shooter): Fast-paced shooter action (no dice rolling!) combined with character development and growth, choice, and tons of loot!
- Four Classes: Level up as one of four distinct characters, with their own unique skills and abilities.
- Dangerous World: Fight your way through vicious alien wildlife, marauding gangs of bandits, and their leaders – and that’s just the easy stuff!
- Loot: Borderlands generates millions of guns, grenade mods, energy shields, artifacts, and more! Find the perfect gun!
- Play Your Way: Online, offline, singleplayer, or up to 4-player co-op (or 2-player splitscreen), you play Borderlands your way!
- Persistent Character: Level up and take your character to other players’ games, or have them join yours in drop-in, drop-out co-op! Keep your progress, experience, and equipment between games!
- Huge Game: Explore, gather loot, complete tons of side quests and challenges, finish the main story and continue on to a second playthrough (with tougher enemies and better loot), or even challenge your friends to combat!
Think you’ll be the one to find the Vault? Grab your friends, your FPS skills, and guns (lots of them) and get ready to level up and find out in Borderlands! For more information, visit http://www.borderlandsthegame.com.