SGI announced today that it will showcase leading high performance computing (HPC), data center and storage solutions for the oil and gas industry at the 79th annual Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) International Exposition from October 25 — October 28 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas. Oil and gas companies rely on SGI products and technologies to analyze large volumes of scientific and engineering data to identify and develop onshore and offshore oil and gas properties, and to help increase recovered natural resources.
"SGI is committed to addressing the complex compute needs of the geophysical sector to help facilitate the exploration of the planet and its natural resources," said Tony Carrozza, senior vice president of worldwide sales and marketing at SGI. "From our new personal supercomputer to our largest scale-up Altix® platforms, SGI delivers leading HPC solutions to enable our customers to accelerate results as they develop new ways to find natural resources."
SGI products to be displayed at the SEG International Exposition include:
High Performance Computing:
* Octane III — The new personal supercomputer that combines the power and performance capabilities of a high performance deskside cluster with the portability and usability of a workstation.
* SGI Altix 4700 — The unique standards-based design that delivers versatile processing for the most demanding data intensive workloads, incorporating shared-memory NUMAflex® architecture, which simplifies software development, workload management and system administration.
* SGI Altix XE 500 — The ultra-dense 1U server that delivers top data center density and reduced infrastructure costs without sacrificing performance or functionality.
* CloudRack Server Tray — An ultra-dense, fanless, coverless 1U server tray designed for use in CloudRack enclosures to deliver extreme densities for a variety of data center environments.
* SGI InfiniteStorage 4600 — SGI’s flagship RAID solution seamlessly integrates into HPC environments to meet exacting requirements of data intensive applications, high I/O workloads, and large-scale consolidation and virtualization for unmatched performance, capacity and configuration flexibility.