Caspio, Inc., the leading cloud computing platform for creating web applications without programming, today announced the release of Caspio Bridge Version 6.5, offering customers new capabilities to easily migrate data and quickly create and publish feature-rich and highly-accessible web applications. The new features include enhanced data import, additional natively-supported file formats, SEO-enabled database deployment, expanded support for multi-table views, smart AutoValues, and many upgrades for improved productivity and platform performance.
Caspio Bridge 6.5 is available now and all customer accounts have been automatically upgraded to the new version.
"Caspio’s latest release further empowers business users to create sophisticated applications with ease," said company founder and CEO, Frank Zamani. "We are focused on saving our customers time and resources while making complex data management tasks as easy as possible."
Caspio pioneered the Platform-as-a-Service industry in 2000 to empower non-developers and IT professionals to easily create web applications and deploy them seamlessly to any website, eliminating infrastructure investments and reducing IT backlogs. Today, the Caspio Bridge platform powers over 200,000 web applications for small–to-medium sized businesses, Fortune-500 companies, government agencies, universities, and over 80% of the largest newspaper websites in North America.
Major new features in Caspio Bridge 6.5 include:
- Intelligent Data Migration Wizards — Point-and-click wizards help users easily transfer existing data into Caspio Bridge while maintaining the highest level of data integrity.
- Background Data Import — Enhances productivity during large file uploads.
- Microsoft Excel Workbook and Worksheet Support — Microsoft Excel can now be imported and exported directly. Native import formats were expanded to include XML, MS Access, MS Excel, CSV, Tab Delimited and Fixed-Width Text, and more.
- Caspio Bride Plug-in for Microsoft Office — The updated plug-in keeps data refreshed and simplifies offline data analysis, mail merge and integration.
- SEO Deployment — This unique and groundbreaking SEO technology for indexing databases was announced separately.
- Smart AutoValues — Generates strong passwords, unique ID or random numbers, and captures environment values such as user IP address and host page URL.
- Editable Views — Data in multi-table Views can now be editable.
- Larger Text Fields — Long text fields can now contain up to 64,000 characters.
- .NET Deployment — Enables seamless integration of Caspio-powered forms and applications in Microsoft SharePoint and other .NET apps and websites.
- User Blocking by IP Address — Restricts or grants application access based on IP addresses. This feature adds to the variety of security options currently available in Caspio Bridge. Learn more at http://www.caspio.com/bridge/security.asp.
- Negative Keyword Search — New search filter for interactive search forms and pre-defined reports.
- DataPage Properties –- Shows a 360 degree view of all DataPage associations, such as data source, access controls, deployments and more.
- Various Performance Improvements — Provisions for faster execution of customer applications, including automatic indexing of large tables.
Caspio Bridge SMB packages start at $39.95 per month and include space for 10 DataPages. All Caspio customers enjoy embeddable "anywhere" app deployment and unlimited users, making it the platform of choice for private or public applications with a large user base.