Web 2.0 and Customer-Driven Innovations Help Increase User Productivity,
Accelerate Business Performance and Lower the Cost of Ownership
- To help organizations increase user productivity,
accelerate business performance and lower the cost of ownership across CRM
business processes, Oracle today announced Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM 9.1.
- Developed closely with feedback from more than 40
customers, PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM 9.1 introduces over 100 new features, 20
new Web services and two new products across Sales, Service and Marketing.
- More than 4,000 PeopleSoft CRM pages are enhanced in CRM
9.1 to deliver a next-generation Web 2.0 user interface and experience
Increasing User Productivity
- PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM 9.1 users can leverage new
collaboration tools such as chat, wikis, discussion forums, blogs and tagging to
help them engage and connect with others in their knowledge network and increase
- The latest release of PeopleSoft CRM includes drag and
drop interactivity, partial page refresh, modal search windows, simpler
navigation, as well as contextual, embedded insight for increased user
- Redesigned user interfaces and streamlined business
process flows help dramatically reduce clicks and page transfers, resulting in
less time on an inquiry and more time for involvement with customers.
Enabling Lower Cost of Ownership
- PeopleSoft CRM 9.1 is built on Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise PeopleTools 8.50, the PeopleSoft
Enterprise technology platform, which offers a highly-flexible development
environment for customers to manage, customize, integrate and support their
PeopleSoft applications. Compatible with previous application releases,
PeopleTools 8.50 helps reduce the total cost of ownership by providing customers
valuable enhancements without requiring an upgrade to core CRM applications.
- PeopleSoft CRM delivers even greater application
configuration specifically for Sales and Marketing user interfaces and workflow,
which can dramatically reduce customizations.
More Complete End-to-End Business Processes
- Marketers can more effectively leverage lower cost
marketing channels and expand marketing reach through new channels like SMS
messaging and Events with Event Management.
- Sales organizations can spend more time selling as sales
management can respond more quickly to sales reorganizations with mass sales
activity reassignment capabilities.
- PeopleSoft CRM 9.1 vastly expands its product and service
price rules capabilities, taking advantage of the robust price rule framework
available in PeopleSoft Enterprise Pricer.
- PeopleSoft Enterprise 9.1 can help increase adoption of
lower cost service channels with streamlined email response management processes
and enhanced self-service knowledgebase search effectiveness.
- Global and duplicate case alerting functionality can
enable contact centers to more effectively handle global and duplicate service
issues resulting in reduced answer shopping and improved agent
- Expanded CRM functionalities for Human Resources includes
integration between PeopleSoft HelpDesk for Human Resources and Workforce
Communications with the Oracle® E-Business Suite 12.1 Human Capital Management, enabling
HR organizations to deploy lower cost, more effective multi-channel service
delivery and workforce communications strategies.
Industry-Tailored Applications to Help Improve Business Performance
- PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM 9.1 delivers new
industry-specific requirements for Higher Education, Human Resources, and
- Higher Education institutions can improve their
recruiting, retention and student service delivery processes with expanded
integration to PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
- As Communication providers look to provide innovative
products, packages and pricing to gain competitive advantage and retain
customers in a highly competitive and saturated marketplace, PeopleSoft CRM 9.1
for Communications helps providers offer their customers more tailored and
flexible packaging and billing for services.
- "Academic support can be challenging to provide in a
large, decentralized campus with a burgeoning student population,” said Ken
Scullion, Associate University Registrar, Ryerson University. “We expect that
using PeopleSoft CRM for Higher Education 9.1 will assist Ryerson University to
provide a virtual one stop academic support solution that will reduce the
anxiety, frustration and stress levels of students. CRM also has the potential
to provide efficiency benefits to academic support staff in the management of
- “Oracle is investing in the right things that customers
care about: a ‘Web 2.0’ user experience, collaboration tools, marketing and
service functionality improvements, and making upgrades easier,” said William
Band, vice president and principal analyst, Forrester Research, Inc. “I am sure
the PeopleSoft fan club will be glad they now have a fully up-to-date CRM
solution available to them.”
- “We worked very closely with our customers on the release
of PeopleSoft CRM 9.1, and we are excited to deliver key capabilities based on
what customers have asked for and what they need to be more productive,” said
Paco Aubrejuan, Oracle’s vice president and general manager of PeopleSoft. “In
this release we enable our stakeholders to increase user productivity through
Web 2.0 functionality, increase business performance and significantly lower
cost of ownership. This latest release of PeopleSoft CRM 9.1 has created a great
deal of customer excitement, especially when they see new functionality and new
user experience for the first time.”