First Cisco TelePresence Certifications Deliver Training
to Help Cisco Partners and Customers Meet Escalating
Demand; Voice Training Tackles Expert-Level Challenges of
In response to sharply increasing market demand for advanced
telepresence and collaboration solutions, Cisco today announced an
extension of its education program to ease the adoption of these
networking technologies. Two new certifications validate the skills
that professionals need to implement and support Cisco TelePresenceTM deployments. The Cisco 360 Learning Program
for CCIE® Voice provides relevant, role-based training to build
expert-level skills and help participants prepare for the rigorous Cisco CCIE Voice Lab Exam.
- With its leading position in video and voice applications across
business, government, service provider and consumer segments, Cisco is
well-equipped to provide skills development training for mainstream IT
- Cisco TelePresence delivers immersive, face-to-face experiences for
organizations around the world. Deployed in conjunction with eight
global service providers, intercompany Cisco TelePresence services
allow company personnel to meet with remote teams, suppliers and
- Frost & Sullivan predicts the telepresence market may reach $4.7 billion in revenue worldwide by 2014.
- Analysis from IDC and Cisco indicates that the compound annual
growth rates (CAGRs) for intercompany telepresence network services and
multipoint telepresence network services are 209 percent and 154
- According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2008-2013,
Internet video is now approximately one-third of all consumer Internet
traffic, and by 2013 the sum of all forms of video (IPTV, video on
demand, Internet and peer-to-peer) will account for over 91 percent of
global consumer traffic.
Cisco TelePresence Certifications:
- Cisco is releasing two specialist certifications that focus on
Cisco TelePresence systems and solutions: the Cisco TelePresence
Solutions Specialist and the Cisco TelePresence Installations
- The Cisco TelePresence Solutions Specialist certification focuses
on the job-performance needs of a midcareer voice specialist or
networking engineer who seeks to specialize in the planning, design,
implementation (PDI) and maintenance of Cisco TelePresence deployments.
Tasks include assessing network paths for rich media, evaluating
call-control design options and configuring interoperability functions.
The CCNA® certification is a pre-requisite.
- The Cisco TelePresence Installations Specialist certification
focuses on the job-performance needs of an installation technician
seeking to master the physical deployment and construction of
single-screen Cisco TelePresence Systems (the 500, 1000, 1100 and 1300
series). Tasks include assessing room readiness, tuning
cameras/microphones and installing high-definition screens. While there
is no pre-requisite certification, a working understanding of basic
Internet-based device connections is highly recommended.
- Information about courseware and exams is scheduled to be available in early 2010 at https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/.
Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE Voice:
- The Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE Voice provides experienced
network engineers with an effective and job-relevant program to build
expert-level skills and to prepare for the rigorous and continuously
evolving Cisco CCIE Voice Lab Exam. Candidates should have already
passed the CCIE Voice Written Exam before beginning this program.
- With flexible 24/7 access to labs and content, and expert-level
mentoring and training from the IT industry’s elite instructors, 360
Training for CCIE Voice strengthens the students’ command of technical
topics and develops the skills necessary to tackle the types of
expert-level configuration and troubleshooting challenges that appear
in real-life unified communications networks.
- This program has proven to be the best path for experts to adopt if
they are trying to maximize their hands-on knowledge and
troubleshooting skills. It was created using Cisco’s own deep
knowledge as well as that of leading experts around the world.
- The new program is scheduled to be available through Authorized Learning Partners on Dec. 7, 2009.