Slim waterproof mobile phone with 12.2-megapixel camera.
Fujitsu today announced that the new docomo SMART series F-03B mobile phone, manufactured by Fujitsu, will be available from NTT DOMOCO, Inc. throughout Japan as of December 4, 2009.
In addition to boasting a resolution of 12.2 megapixels, the F-03B’s high-performance camera allows for highly sensitive photography—equivalent to ISO 25600. Taking advantage of the technology developed over the years for miniaturizing and making thin waterproof mobile phones, the model is also equipped with advanced water-resistant (IPX5/7/8) and dust-resistant (IP5X) functionality, while implementing a superior, slim design that will appeal to quality-conscious customers.
Customer demand for mobile phones with high-performance cameras has significantly increased, and their resolution and performance have advanced to the point where they surpass conventional digital cameras. In addition to featuring a resolution of 12.2 megapixels, the high sensitivity of the F-03B’s camera equivalent to ISO 25600 allows customers to capture beautiful photographs in the dark, including nightscapes. Furthermore, the phone has a wide array of features, including a face recognition feature which recognizes specific individuals in a frame, and a tracking focus feature to capture subjects in motion.
The handset has been meticulously designed, with the body of the phone highlighted by a hair-thin stainless metal panel contrasting against a sleek curve, enhancing the visual effect of the mobile phone. Fujitsu has prepared a premium-edition "Titanium Brown" model with an even superior level of design excellence. The titanium-coated body of the mobile handset is adorned with an 18-carat gold handset open button and a gold-plated settings key.
The phone is also equipped with audiovisual functions, such as connectivity to Blu-ray Disc technology, which allows users to enjoy hi-definition video and music. It is further enhanced by a number of handy business functions, such as a business card reader, as well as robust security that includes a fingerprint sensor.
- High-performance 12.2 megapixel effective resolution camera, Milbeaut Mobile image-processing engine
- The 12.2 megapixel camera utilizes the high-speed, high-accuracy Milbeaut Mobile image-processing engine, which faithfully captures subtle details and tone variations in subjects. Milbeaut Mobile is an LSI image-processing solution, developed by Fujitsu and Fujitsu Microelectronics, which functions as an image-processing engine inside the F-03B. Since its development in 2000, the Milbeaut series has been employed in a wide range of digital camera products, from digital SLR cameras to compact cameras.
- Face recognition
- The camera recognizes pre-registered facial images and gives priority to them as the main subjects for autofocus. By linking this to the "Smile Finder," the photo is automatically taken as soon as its subjects are smiling.
- "Smile Finder"
- The photo is automatically taken when the camera detects that its subjects are smiling. The camera automatically recognizes when the smiling subject is facing the camera, and takes the photo when the smile reaches a certain intensity.
- Slim, water-resistant (IPX5/7/8) and dust-resistant (IP5X) body
- The mobile phone is both IP5X dust-resistant and IPX5/7/8 water-resistant. Fujitsu has developed a variety of styles for waterproof mobile phones. The technologies it has developed for making waterproofing mechanisms compact have enabled the company to create a 13.9mm thin mobile phone that no one would expect to be equipped with a 12.2 megapixel camera.
- Utilities accessible for professional and private use
- The phone is equipped with a view mode that lowers the screen’s contrast in order to make the screen difficult for other people to peak at. The built-in business card reader also recognizes text information from business cards captured by the camera, and automatically inputs the data into the mobile address book enabling easy input. By combining this function with the phone’s sophisticated security features, users can safely carry with them important business card information. The phone is also loaded with a document viewer that displays various business-critical document formats, such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and PDF files. The product is compatible with the Office 2007 format to provide users access to a wider range of data files.
Compatibility with Key Services
- FOMA® High-Speed (7.2 Mbps)
- WORLD WING® international roaming service (GSM+3G)