Futuremark® Games Studio today released the dedicated server for
Shattered Horizon™, their multiplayer first-person shooter played in
zero gravity. With dedicated servers PC gamers can choose how they want
to play Shattered Horizon and who they want to play with, giving them
greater protection from cheats, hackers and griefers and more control
over the game’s settings.
The release of the dedicated server was accompanied by a minor game
update and a new bundle offer from the Futuremark Store that includes
Shattered Horizon and 3DMark Vantage Advanced Edition (Futuremark’s
DirectX 10 gaming benchmark) together for only $29.95 / €24.95.
Jaakko Haapasalo, producer said,"PC gamers expect dedicated servers in a multiplayer game. We have been
working closely with selected hosting partners to ensure that the
Shattered Horizon dedicated server includes the features that are most
important to our community."
Dedicated server features
- GUI for creating custom level rotations, game settings and player limits.
- Custom server name, graphic and information URL.
- Optional password protection for private matches.
- Remote admin console accessible within Shattered Horizon game client.
- Configurable auto-team balancing.
- Configurable auto-kick / ban for team-killers and high-ping connections.
- Built-in anti-cheat detection with configurable auto-kick / ban.
- Admin manual kick / ban.
- Support for VAC.
- Registered servers can submit player stats and achievements to the official leaderboards (registration is optional and free).
- LAN game support.
- Supported operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003,
Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. Note, DirectX 10 is
not required for running a Shattered Horizon server.
Players and server hosting companies can download the Shattered Horizon server files now from the "Tools" tab within Steam.
Shattered Horizon Update 126.96.36.199
- The release of the server is accompanied by a minor game update.
- HUD: Ammo count is no longer shown in scoped mode when running silent.
- HUD: When a player tries to capture a control point that is blocked
by an enemy player the word “Blocked” will appear on the HUD.
- HUD: Chat is now enabled during silent running or while EMPed.
- Network protocol updated to support new server features.
- Added console for remote server control.
- Added "rules" section to in-game server browser, so players can
choose servers with or without friendly fire or team auto-balancing for
- Server disconnect messages now include more information about the
reason for disconnection for example, kicked for cheating, team-killing
or high ping.
- Bug fix: Improved error handling during start-up logo videos.
About Shattered Horizon
Shattered Horizon is the innovative first game from Futuremark Games
Studio that immerses you in the cold reality of zero gravity combat in
- Multiplayer first-person shooter set in near-Earth space 40 years from now.
- Experience intense zero gravity combat and complete freedom of
movement. Use your rocket pack to fly freely through space then land on
- Join your friends in action-packed 32 player battles fighting to
control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the
ruined remains of the International Space Station.
- Four more levels coming soon in the free Moonrise content pack.
Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10, a DirectX 10 compatible
video card, and Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for
Windows XP or DirectX 9. Suggested retail price: €19.95 / $19.95 /
£14.95 Available now from Steam and the official website.