Updates to Dragon Age: Origins have been released. The updates will
be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major
now apply 0.5 points of damage per additional point in dexterity and
0.5 points of damage per additional point in strength, as originally
intended. This increases dagger damage for high-dexterity characters.
combat, mana or stamina reserves now correctly regenerate more quickly
when reserves are low. This allows players to occasionally use an
talent or spell in the later stages of lengthy fights.
- When exploring, mana and stamina now regenerate more quickly at higher character levels. This reduces downtime between fights.
spells Force Field, Crushing Prison, Cone of Cold, and Blizzard now
have shorter durations and/or longer cooldowns. This ensures that
combatants can no longer stun-lock each other by repeatedly casting the
- The cooldowns for several low-level sustained
abilities are now shorter. This ensures that players are not penalized
for accidentally deactivating them.
- Certain battles were not scaling properly, resulting in excessively difficult fights. They now scale as intended.
- Enemy corpses now drop health poultices and money more appropriately, resulting in less clutter in the player’s inventory.
- In rare cases, enemy corpses were selectable when they contained no loot. This no longer occurs.
- Party members whose combat tactics were set to defensive behavior no longer stop attacking after using a spell or talent.
rare cases, combat tactics conditions could fail to determine whether a
character had enough mana or stamina to use an ability. This no longer
- The Rally talent no longer repeats its audio effect if it is active during certain conversations.
- The Rally talent no longer deactivates upon area transitions or conversations.
- The Shimmering Shield spell now deactivates when the character is out of mana.
a summoned creature (like a ranger’s pets) during certain special area
transitions no longer results in odd behavior.
- Creating a
character in a custom module did not create a folder for saves. This
could result in corruption of main campaign saves. This no longer
- In some cases, the class icon was set incorrectly
for characters imported from the downloadable Character Creator. This
no longer occurs.
- The options menu now includes a setting to automatically download previously purchased content that is not currently installed.
- After installing new downloadable content, the game now always reminds the user to restart the game.
- The icons for some promotional downloadable content items were missing. They now appear correctly.
- Various issues could occasionally cause uploads to the online player profile to fail unexpectedly. This no longer occurs.