Continuent, Inc., a leading provider of solutions for continuous data availability, advanced database replication, backup and database performance scalability, today announced availability of Continuent Tungsten 1.2.1 for MySQL® and PostgreSQL. Continuent Tungsten offers an easy to manage, dynamic database replication solution with automatic failover, cluster management, high availability and scalability.
Tungsten Community Edition harnesses the latest innovations from the open source database clustering community with no up-front acquisition costs, and provides a clear path to more advanced capabilities through an optional upgrade to the commercial Tungsten Enterprise editions. Continuent’s commercial Tungsten Enterprise editions combine the power of open source and commercial technologies to deliver data availability solutions that are based on the Tungsten open source components, a unique collection of solutions for database scale-out.
Continuent Tungsten 1.2.1 includes a number of design enhancements and incremental improvements driven by Tungsten community:
- Support for replication of binary data using MySQL statement replication, as well as greatly improved character set handling
- New management “recover” command that permits single-step recovery of failed data sources
- Improved support for clusters based on PostgreSQL warm standby
- Preview support for clusters based on Londiste replication working with PostgreSQL
- Improved handling and recovery from network partitions.
“Early adopter customers have noticed the speed and enhanced usability provided by this new version,” said Eero Teerikorpi, CEO of Continuent. “Continuent Tungsten enables our customers to reduce the cost, risk, and complexity of data availability and database performance.”