Announcing that bitolithic, the developers of Twiku, has released an update to the popular app. Twiku is a unique application that marries Twitter and Haiku for tightly written, creative tweets. It not only satisfies seasoned poets, it also is a great place for the novice to learn about the Haiku form of verse. Twiku is the only app that helps a user turn their tweets into beautiful, interesting poetry.
Haiku are tiny poems that don’t need to rhyme. They pack a lot of meaning into just a few words, which makes them perfect for tweeting. Twiku unleashes a user’s inner poet but keeps them within the maximum character limit for Twitter. Users can have fun, while quickly creating a Haiku poem.
The Twiku application constantly checks poems as they are being written. It is able to figure out which of the 4 styles of Haiku – traditional Japanese, or one of the 3 western forms – is being created and offers any necessary help to complete a great Twiku tweet.
Twiku has all the resources that a user might need with a built-in tutorial and intro to Haiku, as well as a 120 thousand word syllable-counting dictionary. Users can take advantage of the app’s existing words and syllables, or make up their own. Either way, Twiku takes care of the count.
If a user gets stuck for inspiration part way through a Haiku, the Twiku app will save the work for completion later. A poem can be finished when a user’s muse returns. Other people’s Twiku tweets are available for viewing to further inspire. The app offers the option of emailing the Haiku, in addition to posting it as tweet. You don’t even have to leave the Twiku app to do it.
- Helps users write four different forms of Haiku – the traditional Japanese style and three that are optimized for western languages
- Saves work as a draft that can be retrieved and finished later
- Can be tweeted and emailed from within the app
- Short, informative guide intro to Haiku
- Built-in tutorial
- 120 thousand word syllable-counting dictionary to show how many syllables written per line and how many needed for the perfect Haiku
- Twiku finds the Haiku tweets of others to share inspiration
- The beautiful interface was designed by renowned graphics firm, Elixir
Twiku helps users turn their mundane tweets into tiny poems called Haiku, which can be posted on Twitter or emailed. A Haiku doesn’t need to rhyme; it just packs a lot of meaning into a few beautifully stated words. Haikus are great fun to write and only take a few minutes each.
- iPhone or iPod Touch 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Twiku 1.1.0 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.