New Carrier-Grade Servers Deliver Increased Performance, Reliability and Cost Savings for 4G Network Infrastructures and Cloud-Based Deployments.
- Oracle today announced its new Netra x86 M3 servers, extending its broad portfolio for the fast-paced communications market.
- Oracle’s new Netra x86 M3 servers are up to 2.5 times faster than the previous generation and are designed to support increasing network infrastructure workloads, cloud-based deployments, and help reduce costs with operating system, virtualization, cloud provisioning, and systems management built-in at no additional charge.
- Oracle’s new Netra systems deliver outstanding performance running Java and communications industry applications while maintaining an excellent power footprint, which contributes to lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Designed to support long, multi-year deployments with continuous reliable service, Oracle’s Netra x86 M3 servers are purpose built with NEBS-certification and ETSI compliance in mind for communications companies, including network equipment providers (NEPs) and carriers, as well as military and other application environments requiring uninterrupted system availability under harsh environmental conditions. With Oracle Solaris or Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center built-in, Oracle’s new Netra servers also allow simplified control, streamlined deployment of new services and offer maximum efficiency to help customers meet the demands of today’s telecommunications market.
- Oracle’s carrier-grade Netra servers are one of the most deployed systems among major vendors, and are a core part of Oracle’s complete solutions portfolio for the communications industry.
“Oracle’s new Netra x86 M3 systems combine industry leading carrier grade designs with the new Intel Xeon processor E5-2600’s speed and efficiency to provide high performance, help enable low TCO and provide the massive scalability required for 4G network infrastructures and cloud-based deployments,” said Raju Penumatcha, vice president, Netra Systems and Networking, Oracle. “With these new systems, Oracle is continuing to raise the bar for next generation network infrastructure, offering the most complete, reliable portfolio of carrier-grade servers on the market.”