High-scalability workstation motherboard with seven PCI Express 3.0 slots, multi-GPU support, and real time power supply monitoring.
ASUS today announced the P9X79-E WS motherboard, designed to offer highly scalable expandability with seven PCI Express 3.0 slots, with support for up to 4-way NVIDIA® GeForce SLI or AMD CrossFireX in x16 links. The P9X79-E WS includes ASUS Dr. Power, which helps prevent sudden shutdowns using power supply health monitoring and event notifications, and new dual server-grade Intel Ethernet. The motherboard features 91% power efficiency, enhanced heat removal, plus high speed storage and data transfers.
- Processor : Intel Socket 2011 for 2nd generation Core i7, Xeon E5-1600, Xeon E5-2600. Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Chipset : Intel X79 Express
- Memory : 8 x DIMM, max 64GB quad-channel DDR3. 2400MHz(OC)/2133MHz(OC)/1866MHz(OC)/1600MHz/1333MHz/1066MHz, ECC/non-ECC, unbuffered. Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Expansion slots : 7 x PCIe 3.0, up to quad x16 links
- Multi-GPU support : 4-way NVIDIA GeForce SLI. 4-way AMD CrossFireX.