The series uses Intel Core Haswell Processor and boasts improved system capabilities and enhanced core graphics performance. Foxconn, a leading manufacturer of computer components and systems, has unveiled its new line of next generation motherboards, the H87 series and B85 series. While the former is meant for home and multimedia purposes, the latter is targeted at small offices. Both series use the latest Intel 8 chipsets and LGA1150 platform and support the latest 22nm Intel Core processors code named Haswell. In addition, the exclusive Intel’s Smart Connect and Rapid Start technology, along with Intel Small Business Advantage, make it possible for users to experience greater speed and stability. The integrated Intel HD graphics offers excellent visual quality, which is almost equal to discrete graphics at a cost efficient price.
The new chipsets technology dramatically improves motherboard performance and further enhances core graphics capabilities as well, while supporting DirectX 11.1. The dual video output (D-Sub, DVI-D or HDMI) provides a choice of flexible display options.
- Power Conservation: The Haswell CPU, using 22nm process, integrates voltage control function FIVR (Fully Integrated Voltage Regulator), with which an accurate control of the processor’s power consumption is possible.
- Rapid Start Technology: Rapid Start is supported by the H87/B85 motherboard, with which the system can become fully active from a zero power hibernation state within 5 to 6 seconds.
- Smart Response Technology: Smart Response provides a middle ground between an economical HDD and a fast SSD.
- Dynamic Storage Accelerator: This technology maximizes storage I/O throughput performance by dynamically adjusting power state policies based on load conditions and power profile.
- Dual Channel DDR3: H87/B85 support dual channel DDR3 memory that features data transfer rates of 1,600 MHz to meet the higher bandwidth requirements of the latest 3D graphics, multimedia, and Internet applications.
- 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio: This is capable of delivering high-quality sound for up to six channels at 192 kHz/32-bit, providing an extremely realistic audio experience.
- The Fox Advantage: Fox One helps users with system monitoring (temperature, fan speed, voltage and so on), while Fox LiveUpdate supports both local and online BIOS updates within Windows along with updates for drivers and utilities. Users also benefit from Fox Logo, a Windows software tool that allows them to define their system startup logo as they like.