Availability of an update of the cleaning tool CCleaner brings support for Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11.
The cleaning tool CCleaner is now released in new version 4.0 for Windows in the month of March. Since then, several updates have been released.
The latest is stamped as 4.0.4. It is mostly announced with support for the Windows 8.1 operating system that is currently in pre-release.
This compatibility is accompanied by cleaning possibilities for Internet Explorer 11, which Microsoft has also released in a pre-release version for Windows 7.
Beyond the case of Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11, it also supports Opera 15 and also brings improvements for cleaning Google Chrome.
Download CCleaner version 4.0.4 version from here.
- added Windows 8.1 preview support
- added Internet Explorer 11 cleaning
- added Opera 15 cleaning
- improved Google Chrome cleaning: Flash cookies, channel ID cookies and last download location
- improved detection of Chromium based browsers
- added Comodo IceDragon cleaning
- improved detection and cleaning of portable browsers
- improved monitoring notifications (CCleaner Professional)
- added cleaning for Sony Vegas Pro 12.0, Bing Search, Bing Finance, Bing Maps, Bing News, Bing Sports and Bing Travel
- added Hindi translation
- minor GUI improvements and bug fixes