Mien Software has released MediaEdit 3.1.8 for the Mac, a consumer-level video editing tool, which supports standard painting tools and multiple layers. This update improves stability and support for Snow Leopard.
This free update addresses the following:
- Improved support for Snow Leopard
- Fixed issues with non-english characters in file names
- Fixed an issue where clips can become corrupted after a join and a split
About MediaEdit 3:
MediaEdit 3 is the easy-to-use movie editing software designed for the consumer. Experience a better way to edit with support for drawing tools and unlimited layers.
Built completely from the ground up with the latest video editing technologies. Add video, audio, photo, and text with ease. You can draw directly onto your movie with the standard painting tools! It supports unlimited media layers, comes with standard filters and transitions, and edits more than just DV! It can edit virtually all QuickTime compatible formats (.mov, .avi, .mp4, .dv, etc).
Designed specifically for moviemakers, amateur photographers and new creative artists, MediaEdit 3 will show you the world of movie magic and help create professional looking, impressive movie projects.
- Supports virtually all QuickTime compatible files
- Unlimited media layers
- Add video, audio and text instantly
- Add chapter markers
- Edit movies in HD, SD, or any size
- Non-destructive editing
- Multiple levels of undo
- Live previews and background rendering
- Capture video and audio
- Powerful yet easy-to-use timeline
- Resize and position clip display region
- Comes with standard effects, filters and transitions
- Video composition: chroma keying, matte, hard light, etc.
- Export to iDVD, QuickTime, DV, MPEG-4 and to the web
- Create slideshows
Availability and Pricing:
MediaEdit 3 can be downloaded online from their website. It has a free 30-day trial. Full versions of the product can be purchased from the Mien Software store. The Suggested Retail Price (SRP) for MediaEdit 3 is $59.95 (USD).