App Brings Peace of Mind to Families On-the-Go; Keeps Schedules, Events and Whereabouts Accessible, Centralized on iPhone.
AT&T today announced the availability of the AT&T FamilyMap App on the App Store. The app provides families with a more seamless experience when locating and connecting with one another on the go using iPhone.
The AT&T FamilyMap app brings a streamlined approach to helping families stay up to speed on each other’s whereabouts by locating wireless devices within a shared family account. The app provides iPhone users with access to FamilyMap’s popular features, which until now, were only accessible through a computer. For example:
- Interactive Map: View whereabouts within an interactive map, including surrounding landmarks such as schools and parks; and, toggle between satellite and interactive street maps.
- Personalize: Assign a name and photo to each device within an account, and label frequently visited locations such as “Bobby’s house” and “School.”
iPhone customers can also take advantage of additional FamilyMap features, including:
- Schedule Checks: Use the app to see if a family member is on schedule. Parents can schedule and receive text and email alerts.
- My Places: Set up and view a list of landmarks within the app. Users can display the landmark on the map, edit the landmark’s details, and remove or add landmarks.
- Map Panning: Use the innovative Multi-Touch user interface to pan the map until you find the location of a specific family member’s wireless device.
- On-Demand Locating: Locate a family member by logging into the service from iPhone or a computer.
- Messaging: Once a family member is located, quickly contact them directly from the app via e-mail, SMS or voice call.
- Compatibility: AT&T FamilyMap works on any AT&T phone with post-paid service.
Customers can download the AT&T FamilyMap App from the App Store on iPhone or at www.itunes.com/appstore/. Consistent with AT&T FamilyMap pricing across AT&T’s wireless portfolio, users can locate up to two phones on an account for a monthly subscription of $9.99, or up to five phones for $14.99 per month. Peace of Mind.
First launched in spring 2009, AT&T FamilyMap provides parents and families with the ability to easily locate a family member’s wireless device using either a compatible handset or computer.
In keeping with AT&T’s industry-leading stance on privacy, AT&T FamilyMap can only be established for numbers listed within a shared billing account. The account owner oversees all privacy preferences and is notified when devices within the account first become locatable.