Oracle Communications Teams with Aircel to Support Mobile Operator’s Business Growth and Helps Deliver Personalized Customer Content and Services
- Aircel Limited (Aircel), a leading communications company
in India, has teamed with Oracle to deploy Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper and Oracle
Fusion Middleware to provide a highly scalable and personalized content
delivery platform for new revenue generation.
- With more than 31 million customers in 18 circles
(states) and plans to grow to more than 50 million customers this year, Aircel
once again collaborated with Oracle Communications to help with Aircel’s
business expansion, having
previously deployed Oracle Communications service fulfillment software, Oracle’s
Siebel CRM, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Database.
- Aircel’s newest Oracle deployment is enabling the
- Offer a new personalized multi-channel content portal
where customers can access a large catalog of messaging, images, music, videos,
games, news and regional services; and
- Support flexible billing and delivery models that
allow customers to manage real-time content, searches and subscription offerings
via short message service (SMS) requests, interactive voice response (IVR) and
the multi-channel portal.
- Additionally, Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper
enables Aircel to:
- Offer a secure partner self-service Web portal that
makes it easier for third-party content providers to rapidly onboard and scale
their content and applications, and manage offerings within their own
- Support new and flexible pricing strategies and
accelerate the development of new communication applications; and
- Monetize and generate incremental revenue from its
network by managing and delivering message-based campaigns to its subscribers,
and by offering users personalized content based on their home’s location or
circle, their demographic profile, their handset type, or by an analysis of
their usage history.
- Oracle PartnerNetwork member and Certified Advantage
Partner, Wipro Infotech led the successful implementation of the solution, along
with Oracle Communications Consulting.
- “Aircel plans to leverage open standards-based service
delivery platform solutions as the basis for delivering interactive and
personalized data services for our customers,” said Gurdeep Singh, chief
operating officer, Aircel.
- “We partnered with Oracle to help maintain our leading
edge in the communications industry. Oracle solutions such as Oracle
Communications Services Gatekeeper and Oracle Fusion Middleware offer us the
competitive advantage of reaching the market faster with integrated solutions,”
said Ravinder Jain, chief information officer, Aircel.
- “Communications operators are working on creating
competitive edge by providing innovative services while lowering operating costs
and minimizing risks. Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper coupled with
Wipro’s proven leadership in the communications domain and expertise in SDP
implementation has helped Aircel speed time to market, gain delivery flexibility
and lower overall ownership costs — all at lower risk which is critical in this
challenging business climate,” said Anil Jain, senior vice president, Wipro