HP today introduced five point-and-shoot digital cameras and three camcorders with features such as LCD displays, up to 5X optical zoom and fashionable colors.
The cameras and camcorders come in slim, lightweight designs at prices ranging from $99 to $199. They are expected to be available this spring at select retailers.
Adding to its growing portfolio of touch-enabled notebooks and desktops, HP now features LCD touchscreen displays on select cameras and camcorders. In addition, select models feature a new intuitive user interface that makes them a snap to use. Interface improvements include a high color contrast to help ensure better visibility of menus and a choice of more than 25 scene modes to help ensure photos are of the highest quality.
When choosing a scene mode, the display shows two images – how the photo will look in auto mode and how it will look in the selected scene mode. For example, choosing “snow” mode during a ski trip can transform overly bright, washed-out photos into vibrant depictions of the snowcapped mountains.
“HP is giving consumers a better way to interact with point-and-shoot cameras by offering models with advanced features at a great value,” said Mark Ostendorf, manager, Business Development, Personal Systems Group, HP. “Entry-level consumers will love the HP CW series while customers who want a premium experience will enjoy the touch interface of the HP CW450t or PW460t and two of our new camcorders.”
Touch the future – memories at users’ fingertips:
- The premium HP CW450t and HP PW460t point-and-shoot digital cameras feature 2.7-inch and 3-inch LCD touchscreen displays, respectively, and a newly designed touch interface for viewing photos with the simple swipe of a finger. Both have 4X optical zoom and support up to 32-gigabyte (GB) SD/SDHC memory. They power up rapidly and minimize the time between taking shots.
- The CW450t is available in two colors – blue and merlot – and priced at $109. The PW460t is available in pink and charcoal gray and priced at $149.
The latest HP touchscreen digital camcorders – the V5061u and V5560u – feature large 3-inch LCD touchscreen displays, 1,080p high-definition (HD) recording and motion-detection capabilities. Additionally, the V5560u features 5X optical zoom and a lithium-ion battery. The V5061u provides a dual SD/SDHC memory card for plenty of room to record, and an option to install AA batteries if the lithium-ion battery is not charged. The V5560u and V5061u are priced at $199 and $169, respectively.
Capture the moment – outstanding price, performance and style:
- Ideal for on-the-go amateur photographers, the HP CW450 point-and-shoot digital camera features a 2.7-inch LCD display with 4X optical zoom. Slim and lightweight, it fits comfortably in the user’s hand. Available in black or red, it is priced at $99.
- With a lithium-ion battery making it slim enough to fit easily into a shirt pocket, the HP SW450 point-and-shoot digital camera features a 2.7-inch LCD display and 4X optical zoom. It comes in turquoise or red and is priced at $129.
- The HP PW550z point-and-shoot digital camera features 5X optical zoom and a wide-angle lens in addition to a 2.7-inch LCD display and lithium-ion battery. It is available in black or plum and priced at $149.
- The HP V1020h digital camcorder features 720p HD recording and a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, all packaged in a lightweight, slim design. It also includes a USB connector for easy video uploading to social networking and video sites via a notebook or desktop PC. The HP V1020h is priced at $109 and expected to be available this summer at select retailers.